Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 won't connect to wifi .. Says incorrect password which is not true. Ideas???

Cant connect to wifi .. Says incorrect password .. Not true and everyone else can connect but me. I have iPhone 6. Pls help

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2017 10:28 AM

there could be several things causing this, I will make the assumption your password is correct and works on other device too.

• Make sure your are connecting to WPA2 network
  • Renew your lease with the router
  • Logging to router and change the password
199 replies

Feb 20, 2017 12:01 PM in response to Coolbobcat2

I have the same problem every time I shut off my iPhone 6 or 6 plus! I have a wifi connection and I have the correct password. But as soon as I shut my iphone to reset it when I turn it back on I lose my wifi and unless I reset the router and modem I can't get my wifi. It says password not correct. And I know it is because as soon as I reset the modem it reconnects. And it doesn't even ask me for my password. It just connects automatically. Can someone help me as to answering WHY IT DOES THIS? It should not lock my wifi connection and it should accept my password without me having to shut down my router and modem!!!!! Apple stinks! They have more issues than issues! Every time they come out with a new phone they have so many fixes and updates. Don't these IT people test their phones before they release them or are they just too anxious to MAKE MONEY!

Feb 20, 2017 12:10 PM in response to SarahM07

It wasn't your iPad. It's a glitch I think! Because whenever I turn off my iphone. Totally shut it off I lose my wifi connection and even though I KNOW I AM PUTTING IN MY CORRECT PASSWORD IT SAYS INVALID AND THERES A LOCK NEXT TO MY NETWORK AND IT WONT LET ME JOIN MY NETWORK UNLESS I REBOOT MY ROUTER AND MODEM!!!! Then it reconnects instantly. Doesn't even ask me for my password. It just connects. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there a fix or setting I can use so I don't have to go through this every time I shut my phone off? I hate APPLE. THEY HAVE WAY TOO MANY ISSUES. I THINK THE IT PEOPLE DONT CK THEIR PRODUCT UNTIL ITS TOO LATE THEN WE HAVE ALL THESE IOS UPDATES AND BUG FIXES. THEY NEED TO TEST THE PHONES FIRST BEFORE THEY RELEASE THEM. ITS SO ANNOYING. HELP. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? If so what do I do? I don't want to have to reboot every time I shut my phone. It should come up on my wifi and allow me to put in my password without rebooting!!!!!!

Feb 20, 2017 12:34 PM in response to bkc250r

Same here! Seems whenever I totally turn off my iPhone 6 Plus at home I lose my wifi connection and even though I KNOW I AM PUTTING IN MY CORRECT PASSWORD IT SAYS INVALID AND THERES A LOCK NEXT TO MY NETWORK AND IT WONT LET ME JOIN MY NETWORK UNLESS I REBOOT MY ROUTER AND MODEM!!!! Then it reconnects instantly. Doesn't even ask me for my password. It just connects. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there a fix or setting I can use so I don't have to go through this every time I shut my phone off? I hate This! Apple NEEDS TO TEST THE PHONES FIRST BEFORE THEY RELEASE THEM. ITS SO ANNOYING. HELP. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? If so what do I do? I don't want to have to reboot every time I shut my phone. It should come up on my wifi and allow me to put in my password without rebooting!!!!!! Am I doing something wrong? Or is this another Apple issue?

Jun 8, 2017 10:23 AM in response to Msburtt

I am at home where I am always connected to my wifi but for some ridiculous reason, I type in the correct password for the wifi and my iPhone (5s) doesn't say its the wrong password and it looks as if its going to connect but then the name of the network just disappears. I'm going through the same process over and over again, i have reset my network settings several times and restarted my phone countless times and it still wont connect. and its definitely the right password. All other devices in the house are connected to it so can someone please tell me what the **** is happening and how to sort it because i'm honstly getting very angry now, thank you

Oct 22, 2017 8:59 AM in response to Msburtt

I stayed up all night figuring this out and it finally worked. However, the apple support, nor my WiFi provider knew what to do. They are no help, and I agree with most of these posts, these products are too expensive to get such poor customer assistance. I hope my resolution helps... so here goes!

All you have to do is change the name of your network and the the pass code. I did this simply by just adding a number to the end of the current network name and the same number to the end of the pass code so it would be easily remembered. This will change nothing else. Unfortunately, everyone else will have to sign on again, but your devices will immediately pick up the new network name and it will work!

The hard part is that this has to be done through your IP address ( this information can be found under your network settings right on your computer under details), so you go to the internet and type in your IPV 4 router address just like you would type in a url, and it will take you to your server website.There you should have access to your WiFi settings to change this. However, it may ask you for a user name and a passcode to get access to your setting, and worst case scenario is you have to call your WiFi provider to help you out with this part, but whatever you do do not reset everything as this is what your provider will suggest..... That would be a nightmare. Just change the name of the network and the pass code, and it will work! I really hope this helps!

Sep 20, 2014 10:19 PM in response to Msburtt

Hmm. Are you sure you're entering the password correctly? Make sure you are, this is a common mistake many of us do since the iPhone has a small screen and a small keyboard. If this doesn't work, try shutting down your iPhone completely and turning it back on. To do this, hold down on the Sleep/Wake/Power button for about 5-10 seconds, then swipe "slide to power off". Wait 5-10 seconds then turn it back on by doing the same steps.

Sep 21, 2014 4:11 AM in response to Msburtt

Sorry that my information wasn't able to help much. I think that these next steps may help although:

1, Reset your network settings on your iPhone:

WARNING: By doing this process, you'll lose passwords you entered on already joined internet connections. This means, you'll have to reenter the password again to that internet connection if there is one.

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap Reset
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings
  5. If you're prompted for a pass code, enter it.
  6. Tap Reset Network Settings
  7. Different Apple screens will appear after this for about a couple seconds to a minute.
  8. Once it finishes, it'll take you to your lock screen if there is one. From there you'll enter your pass code if there is one, if not it it'll automatically take you to the home screen.
  9. Tap Settings again
  10. Tap Wi-Fi
  11. Tap the network name
  12. Enter the network password/pass code if there is one. If not, just select the network and you'll be able to join. (Unless you're using a public internet connection, such as Wi-Fi from McDonald's, you'll have to agree to the providers internet terms and agreement before being able to join.)
  13. Tap Join
  14. It should take a second to join the network.

If these steps don't work, please don't hesitate to ask us again. I'd be more than glad to assist you with anymore questions. Do note, you may be eligible to receive assistance from Apple via chat, or phone for up to 90 days of support from your AppleCare+ plan coming from your new device. As well as technical support over the phone for a few months, (If I'm correct.)

You have to ways of contacting them for support:

Get assistance via live chat from Apple here: Contact Apple for support and service

OR:

Contact Apple for assistance: 1-800-275-2273

Sep 21, 2014 7:18 PM in response to Coolbobcat2

I'm having the exact same issues and have tried all of these steps. I've been on the phone 2 days in a row and also spoke to a senior adviser with no luck. I tried restoring as new and also from backup with no luck either. All of my other devices will work with the password but not my iPhone 6. I'm sick of having trouble with new iPhones. You spend $800 on a new phone and shouldn't have these issues. Please help ad I have an active case number.

Iphone 6 won't connect to wifi .. Says incorrect password which is not true. Ideas???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.