Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

you cannot change your birthday at this time

Trying to change the birthday of my daughter's account so I can setup family sharing properly with ios8. I'd previously set her birthday to my year so I could create a separate icloud account for her. How do I reset her birthday now so I can set her up as a child with ios8?

iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 10:37 AM

10 replies

Sep 23, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Lauren B - Seattle

Hello Lauren,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

You can use the following to find out how to change information on the Apple ID:

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

How do I change my Apple ID Name or personal information?

You can change your Apple ID Name at My Apple ID. Click on Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID name and password. Click Edit and enter the new information, then click Save Changes. Changes take effect immediately. You can also use My Apple ID to change your personal information, such as your mailing address or email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

Keep in mind that someone under 13 years of age cannot set up an Apple ID, so you will not be able to change the birthday to reflect an age under 13.

Aug 25, 2015 9:09 PM in response to jeffd55

This didn't work, but see other comment below, which did work

smaayehApr 11, 2015 12:31 PM Re: you cannot change your birthday at this time
Re: you cannot change your birthday at this timein response to Lauren B - Seattle

SOLVED! Change the birthdate to make them 13. THEN, add them to the family share. THEN, change their birthdate to whatever you want. Not sure why you have to do it this way but it works.

Oct 1, 2014 11:41 AM in response to jeffd55

With iOS 8, children under 13 can have an account and shared through Family Sharing. If we cannot modify previous accounts to reflect reality, what use is the family sharing feature for children under 13? We need to make their birthday's at least 13? Seems like Apple needs to modify the backend rules to allow this change.

you cannot change your birthday at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.