Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ubd.exe - Entry point not found error

On my Windows 7 machine, I just allowed Apple to download an update for the icloud functions. After a system restart, the computer displays the following message: "The procedure entry point_Block_object_assign could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreFoundation.dll."

Can someone in technical support please suggest how to fix this?

Apple TV, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 3:57 PM

21 replies

Sep 23, 2014 1:49 PM in response to Largosteve

Hello Largosteve

If you are getting that error then it has to do with issues with the Apple Mobile Device Support driver, so the best method to handle this is to remove iTunes and its associating software and then install iTunes again. It article below does point to Mobile Me but will still help.

"CoreFoundation.dll was not found" or " Apple Application Support is missing" alert

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2211

Regards,

-Norm G.

Sep 29, 2014 8:15 AM in response to norm123

Hello Norm,

I uninstall everything from Apple from Windows 7 and rebooted.

I got an error from iTuneshelper which was nowhere to be found as I uninstall everything.

So I manually deleted every reference of iTuneshelper and iTunes from registry, rebooted the machine and reinstall iTunes and iCloud.

Again I got the error from udb.exe.

As everything is working fine as far as I know could this popup window be hiden?

Regards,

Vitomir

Sep 29, 2014 11:05 AM in response to norm123

Thank you for the reply Norm. I did follow all the uninstall and reinstall suggestions found on this posting site, with no success. After reinstall, the error message still presents, after a PC reboot. However, the good news is, while waiting for a reply to my original post, I took a shot at calling Apple support - even though I have no paid support license. To my surprise, I was able to first hook up with a concerned tech who, after three transfers within the Apple organization, got me to a senior software support engineer who was well aware of the issue. He informed me that a patch was being developed and would be deployed in the very near future.

Thanks again for your comments.

Oct 19, 2014 4:20 PM in response to lggrovetwig

When I spoke to the Apple software fellow, he indicated that the correcting patch would be included in an upcoming upgrade. He was not specific to the date this will occur. I assume it will be included in either an upcoming general Window's update, or, perhaps, as an Apple Window's update of either itunes or icloud software - whichever would apply.

Oct 28, 2014 11:51 PM in response to Largosteve

Dear Largosteve,

After installing the iCloud and iTunes updates, I am also getting the "ubd.exe - Entry Point Not Found" error. I am also getting a "BookmarkDAV.exe - Entry Point Not Found" error. Is anyone else getting both of these problems?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no joy.

I hope the updates come soon. Error msgs are annoying. 🙂

Cheers,

Pmacq

Feb 12, 2015 10:28 AM in response to cmpepper

This just happened to me today also. I am attempting a fix if it works I'll let you know.

Step 1) Run CMD as Administrator and type: sfc /scannow (this will check your important windows files and replace them if needed)

Step 2) Use a proper Uninstaller (I use Iobit 4.2) and uninstall all Apple products (itunes, icloud, Apple support 32 & 64bit, Apple Software update, etc)

Step 3) Download CCleaner & run the Registry scan ( MAKE SURE TO SAVE when you click FIX - I run it twice)

Step 4) Restart your computer

Should be fixed

Install refresh download of itunes

Mar 16, 2015 8:31 PM in response to Archon007

Did this ever work for you? I have tried similar things than others in previous related posts. I have uninstalled every Apple app on my Win7 machine, cleaned up any keys related to itunes and deleted any remaining directories under the Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories but have not been able to get this issue off my machine. I have been generally ignoring the message out of frustration.

Aug 19, 2015 7:14 AM in response to BIG Co

No fix yet as far as I know. Have been having the same problem for months. I've done everything mentioned in previous posts ( several times! ). Once when I uninstalled iTunes and all its component parts the problem disappeared, but as soon as I reinstalled iTunes, back it came. Very frustrating. What is going on Apple?

ubd.exe - Entry point not found error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.