Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen popping sound iphone 6

Just discovered that my new 3 day old iPhone 6 64GB screen clicks in and out if pressed on the middle right hand side.

I doesn't look like it's loose but is isnt the way it should be.

I have AppleCare+ but have to wait till Friday because the iPhone 6 isn't released in the Netherlands yet. I assume my iPhone will be replaced for a new one.

(Sound and issue is similar as in video attached but then on new iPhone 6) Will make own video later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvQ64j7JO0

Does anyone else have this issue?

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 6:03 AM

45 replies

Sep 22, 2014 10:37 AM in response to Tim the Netherlands

I have the same issue, however the location it happens is the lower right portion (off screen) of my phone, to the left of the home button. I stopped by my local Apple Store and they didn't have the tools to open the new phones yet, but I will be returning in a couple days to have them look into it. They said it's possible there's an issue with the way the screen and housing are put together/sealed, and might need to either fix the current phone or replace if it's defective. I'll write back with details once they examine the phone.

Sep 22, 2014 10:59 AM in response to Caleb Dudley

Thanks for your reply.

"Good" to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. Did ask other iPhone 6 users but they do not have this issue. I'll update this post when I'm back from the Apple Store on Friday. If they haven't got the tools to open it hopefully they will replace it.

Since I hear the popping sound it's quite annoying.

Sep 23, 2014 6:48 AM in response to Tim the Netherlands

Had the same issue with my white 64gb iPhone 6. One thing to check: are the screws at the bottom screwed in to where they are flush with the bottom? I noticed that mine were slightly (half a millimeter?) extended from the body of the phone. I took the phone to an Apple store and they took the phone in the back and properly tightened the screws. The sound is gone and the phone feels more solid. Hope this helps.

Sep 23, 2014 11:36 AM in response to ToddDunagan

Thanks Todd – I checked my screws and they look flush to the body (and even a little set in) on the bottom, so for me at least, I don't think the screws are causing my issue (but perhaps they are a tad loose and I can't visually see it). I have an Apple appointment tonight (in 5 hours) so hopefully I'll be able to come back with at least one possible explanation/solution.

Screen popping sound iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.