Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 plus takes a long time to charge

I am finding that my phone is taking a long time to charge. It has so far taken 2 hours and 15 mins to get from 18% to 88%.😕

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:26 AM

19 replies

Oct 2, 2014 4:55 PM in response to dcushm

Figured it out!! Well someone else figured it out, I should say:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/22/iphone-6-and-6-plus-faster-charging/

I am now charging with my iPad charger and it's super fast! If you don't have an iPad, there's lots of different things you can buy for somewhat cheap. Definitely worth the $$:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/23/iphone-6-plus-2-1a-charger-quick/

Feb 20, 2015 4:00 PM in response to nixtercal

If your battery seems as though it is taking an exceptionally long time to charge it may just be that your battery is defective. If you bring the device to your closest Apple Store or Certified Apple Service Provider they can run diagnostics to see if the battery is either consuming a charge or is damaged, and since the phone is under a year old Apple would replace your device for free as long as there is no pre-existing accidental damage. It is NOT recommended that you use an iPad charger to charge your iPhone 6 since in the long run you would be sacrificing the longevity of your battery for its speed to charge.

Aug 13, 2016 8:30 AM in response to nixtercal

Mine has been on an Apple purchased 3meter charger for 5 hours and has just made it to 95% I dont remember it always taking this long....its ridiculous....I have to wait for that to finish so I can charge my ipad on the same connector. It goes flat in under 48 hours often under 24hours if I use it. Wish Apple support had replied to this question I dont think using the ipad charger is a good idea if they didnt ship with it there will be a reason.

Aug 13, 2016 12:32 PM in response to Megabite47

What is it plugged in to? I'm assuming you mean a 3 meter Lightning cable, as a 3 meter charger would take up a room. But the important question is what are you using for a power source.

As a separate question, using an Apple iPad charger for an iPhone is not a problem: Using iPad power adapters with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod - Apple Support

My iphone 6 plus takes a long time to charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.