Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus and Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - Missed Opportunity?

Apple definitely missed an opportunity to tighten up the DSLR/GoPro photography/video workflow with the iPhone 6 Plus. Currently the only way to transfer images from a DSLR or GoPro camera is through an extremely slow WiFi/Bluetooth transfer process. This is fine for someone is moving 1 or 2 images. But, for a batch of 50 to 100, this approach is way too time consuming. Android devices are way ahead of Apple in this regard and I'm fighting the urge to break-away from the iPhone once again, for something that is very solvable.

Enabling the the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader to work with the new iPhone 6 Plus solves this workflow issue.

Why not enable it?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:56 AM

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. You're not addressing Apple here.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

141 replies

Sep 22, 2014 6:27 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'll do that too. I'm sure the Apple iPhone product trolls look at the posts here. But, thanks for the tip, my feedback has been sent to Apple.

But, I am curious to know how many other iPhone users are impacted by Apple's reluctance to allow this capability (Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader support). Or, am I the only one on the Planet that has this sort of workflow need and would like to see this capability?

Sep 22, 2014 8:16 AM in response to Lost Roadie

I was gonna buy the 128GB iPhone 6+ until I read this. Now, nope. I may still have to get an iPhone because of the tons of apps I'm already invested in, but since the 6+ will be useless for photos, it'll be the midrange regular 6. Maybe.

Meanwhile, I'd love to get an Android device in about the same size as the 6+, storage and screen-wise, but don't need the cell capability. At 128GB it would make a great photo vault and something I could do some metadata entry on. Any suggestions?

Rob

iPhone 6 Plus and Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - Missed Opportunity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.