Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen and other app stuck on zoomed mode

I noticed that my lock screen is stuck on zoomed mode. When I'm in my home screen it's in standard view. Also I'm having the same issue with my apps. Apps like Pinterest, Tumblr, Swarm, Twitter looks fine but other apps like Facebook and Instagram are all stuck on zoomed mode. How do i fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8, AT&T

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 6:36 AM

43 replies

Oct 20, 2017 5:04 PM in response to iankyliu

the exact same thing is happening to me. my home screen and snapchat is fine. But my lock screen and all my other apps are on zoom mode! this is annoying me so much. i reset my phone and it’s still not working. i went to settings and it said it was on standard when it’s really not. apple what should i do?

Nov 22, 2017 12:57 PM in response to iankyliu

Hold power off button on iphone 6 - 7 plus

Use the 3 fingers to move to slide shut down phone (power off)

Restart phone - Screen will be back to normal

Turn off zoom

Go to settings

General

Accessibilty

Zoom

Turn Zoom and Magnifier off

Hopefully this will fix your issue.

Iphon 8 and X

To shut down your phone you have to hold the bottom of the right hand side button and either volume up or down button at the same time. Once done just follow the same procedure as above.

Sep 24, 2014 6:32 AM in response to iankyliu

Hello iankyliu,

It may be that the zoom accessibility feature has been enabled. The article linked below details how to go about turning it off.

iOS: Home screen icons are magnified or large
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3129

Otherwise, it may be Display Zoom that's enabled, which is explained in the iPhone User Guide.

iPhone User Guide - Display Zoom (iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus)

http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/

Cheers,

Allen

Sep 24, 2014 11:41 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hi, I'm having the same issue. My lock screen and third party apps are stuck in zoomed view, but the home screen is in standard view. The display zoom is set to standard and the zoom accessibility feature is not on. I've tried resetting all the settings, changing the display zoom from standard to zoom multiple times, did a hard reset, and still nothing!! It's very annoying because the zoomed view in all the apps look blurry. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have the same phone as above, iphone 6, ios8 and at&t

Oct 6, 2014 10:46 AM in response to AveryMcDaniel

Hi it took me forever to get it out of the zoom screen so I could access my phone. What I did is I kept tapping the screen with my three fingers in every spot I could find, then finally I was able to Get the screen out of zoom with a tap on the very top of the screen with three fingers but I'm not sure of the exact spot. This took me three or four hours to get my phone unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone

Lock screen and other app stuck on zoomed mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.