Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my predictive text disappeared. Any idea how to get it back?

PT worked for a day or two, and now it's gone. Help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 6:51 AM

This has been happening to me also and if I shut is off under Setting>General>Keyboards and then turn it back on again it resets PT but is still quite annoying to keep resetting.

iPhone 5 iOS 8.0

25 replies

Nov 16, 2014 4:42 AM in response to ajpolinske

HI ajpolinske,

you are lucky. Turning predictive text on/off in Settings has no effect. There is no predictive text line in "messages", "mail", "Calendar" or "Safari" and the option when I touch & hold the keyboard "globe" is greyed out.

I DO get predictive text in "iLife" apps & "Notes" & strangely I am getting it while I write in this text box!!!!

Aug 20, 2015 1:08 PM in response to robincm

I have exactly the same problem... Worse is that there is no information anywhere on Apple's sites or on the Internet whether or not there are restrictions to which applications can use predictive text and which ones cannot. E.g. why searching in Google the predictive text option is greyed out? Why there is no reference to such behaviour in the User Manual? Why is that in over a year there is no official response from Apple?

my predictive text disappeared. Any idea how to get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.