Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text message search on iPhone 6 not working

I just switched from iPhone 5 to a 6. The SEARCH function in the text screen of past messages is not working. I search for a word and no texts are displayed (I know the messages are there, but search not finding them)

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 12:34 PM

13 replies

Nov 5, 2014 1:54 PM in response to brianfromdavidsonville

I had this issue! I tried changing the language and it sort of worked. but it got all funky and even though I changed it back to English the autocorrect kept fixing things to Spanish words. I did find what worked though and my phone is fixed!!! I got everyone in my family who was sharing my iCloud acct off my acct and got them their own apple ID's and wa-lah! It is working just like it used to. I'm so happy to be done with this issue. For it not to search the text was a real inconvenience sometimes. Hope this helps others.

Nov 16, 2014 1:29 AM in response to brianfromdavidsonville

I tried to change to chinese language twice and it didn't work. I tried the Spanish and here is how it worked for me:

1. Switch to Spanish (Setting, General, Languge and Region)

2. Search "ok" on text (I Used other word but it turned out zero search found...which was worse then when it could at least search for past two days originally. But I think if i have used "ok"', it might have found some text....cause that was what happened after I switch back to English.)

3. Power off

4. Power on

5. Change back to English

6 search "ok" and then " Thanks" which seem to help the phone refresh it searching function.

7. After tried out those two more common words in most text, the rest search seems to work afterwards.

Hope it works for you! I actually saw this solution on the other post and after my text search worked, I could not find the post to thank the person who took the time to post. Thanks to the kind hearts out there making time to share and help others!

text message search on iPhone 6 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.