Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an issue with IOS8 and bluetooth connectivity?

I have downloaded IOS8 on my iPhone 5S & 4S, and now am not able to use the bluetooth phone connection in my auto.

Anyone experiencing this same situation?

j.v.fromnc

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 12:11 AM

I have this issue as well with my iPhone 6, but it doesn't exist with my iPhone4/iOS7.

27 replies

Sep 23, 2014 8:50 AM in response to j.v.fromnc

Same problem with iPhone 6. Can connect to 2014 Porsche and 2013 Audi, BUT I either get "searching for Network" message from the car or worse, I make a call and after a few seconds the iPhone disconnects. Many others seem to be having this same problem as documented on MacRumors Forum. I hope there is a fix coming soon...presumably ios8 and not the iPhone 6 phone itself.

Sep 29, 2014 12:04 PM in response to j.v.fromnc

Does Apple respond to the Support Forum posts?

Is there a pending solution, and what is the timeline? Should I be raising my issues with Acura or Plantronics? I have read that RESET of the phone is a temporary solution. I am not going to reset my phone on a daily basis. The whole reason for iCloud backups is so I don't have to start over with each new device.

I have a business trip this week, and I use my car bluetooth and bluetooth headset heavily. Today I convinced a Best Buy Geek Squad employee to perform a little experiment with my iPhone 6 and iOS8.0.2. We did not try the Plantronic Voyager Legend, because it is my current headset, and does not work. We tried the Bose Series 2 (clearly price does not help compatibility), which did not work. We also tried a Jawbone Era and a $29 something, all without success.

8.0.2 worked until my phone battery died on Saturday.

Even if there are a variety of industry standards for Bluetooth technology, it is unreasonable that Apple excludes such a large percentage of the users market. I know Apple likes a good secret, but could they share enough information with the accessory market?

Why doesn't Apple aim to provide the world most stable operating system, instead of the most changing? I am all for change and innovation. I will even continue to pre-order the latest and greatest Apple product. But change without function or at a loss of function is ridiculous. I had this same experience with the iOS 7 release. I am sure that most of my issues will be resolved by Thanksgiving. Why not rewrite operating systems on a two year cycle, so you can actually test it first? I would appreciate if Apple stopped testing their products on the customers that are the most supportive.

PS This is not the only issue I have found (horizontal keyboard, apps sticking, etc, etc) This is just the issue that is effecting me most directly today. Apple you reputation is suffering. I think I just heard Steve Jobs turn over.

Sep 30, 2014 8:07 AM in response to j.v.fromnc

I am not sure why, but my bluetooth issues appear to be related to the iCloud Drive, which is added to iOS8. I turned the feature off and restarted (not reset) my phone. Magically all of my bluetooth features work again. My contacts and calendars also synced. Magic!

I even turned the phone off and on, again. My headset still works. I will go down and test my car at lunch.

Sep 30, 2014 2:08 PM in response to connectegr

I never activated iCloud drive so that is not the problem in my case. Strangely, both the Porsche and the Audi worked for one day after I did a hard reboot of the iPhone 6 — then the next day both stopped working. This weekend, magically the BT in the Audi started working. The next day it no longer did. A connection would be established and the system would hang up after 2 rings. Very frustrating. You may find your fix only works for a short while. Hope I'm wrong.

Is there an issue with IOS8 and bluetooth connectivity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.