Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Apple TV not working/mirroring after IOS 8

After upgrading to IOS 8 on my IPad 2, updating my Apple TV, resetting my router, the mirroring does not work.

I had no problem till the new release was installed.

Does anyone have a solution?

iPad 2, iOS 8, Apple TV mirroring not working

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 2:40 PM

Previously when wanting to watch a video from my iPad or iPhone through Apple TV, there was an icon for AirPlay in the video app. Now there is an icon for AirPlay only in the Control Center.

I have watched video since upgrading, but have not tried mirroring.

113 replies

Sep 23, 2014 2:50 PM in response to hot_spur

TThank you for replying. I believe Apple will have to apply a fix. Some users do not have the icon tor Apple TV, I do have it but when using it, it does not mirror my iPad image on my TV.

ive tried everything to no avail. My software on the iPad as well as on Apple TV and settings are correct and up to date.

before IOS 8, all worked fine.

regards,

Sep 25, 2014 5:55 PM in response to Sweet William Five Eight

II'm surprised that Apple didn't step up to the plate and fixed the **** thing already. .I have the Apple TV icon but when I select it, it just doesn't communicate.

I've also noticed an icon on my regular screen that doesn't go away. The label is "Recents", it lists one of my contacts from messaging, however, I never messaged that person.

i Would hate to reset the iPad and if that doesn't fix the issues, I'm back where it started and would have to restore it and there goes more work hours.

Thanks for replying to my message.

Most of my friend are using iPad 3 but I don't want to upgrade till they come up with more storage capabilities.

Sep 25, 2014 9:45 PM in response to bettynovickpg

Check with Winston Churchill down below is what he has told folks to do..... I will tell you that I took my BR Apple tv out of town with me and set it up at the away home wifi.....everything worked fine. Mirroring, airplay just fine. I took it home and set it back up in the BR. Later I attempted to airplay some music from iTunes to my LR Apple tv. When prompted in the drop down.... the LR was not there, only the BR. I called apple. To make this all as short as possible..... the final and only solution was to reset the Apple airport extreme tower. Once that was done, the two Apple tvs and everything showed up, worked and mirrored and airplayed just as it should have when I plugged it back it...... WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW...... Was that the power had gone out for a few seconds while I was gone, so all it needed was to be reset.... and that is with it unplugged for at least 30 seconds. We did a lot before the simple fix of unplugging did the trick..... I wish you all the best...... I love my apple stuff. j

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

Sep 26, 2014 11:43 PM in response to Rudegar

YYes, I'm using wifi and the appletv works fine with the Internet. It just doesn't mirror with the iPad . Meaning the iPad is invisible to the appletv.

all settings are correct, I have the latest software, I've cold started each devise including the router in all combinations of sequence.

home sharing is enabled, Bluetooth is enabled.

if I'm the only one that can't get it working, then there might be a corrupt file on my iPad.

but how curious.... It worked like a charm before IOS 8 update.

Airplay Apple TV not working/mirroring after IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.