Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Bending?

I currently own an iPhone 5 and I want to upgrade to an iPhone 6 Plus. Im a bit concerned of the bending reports there has been. If I buy a 6 Plus and it were to bend would I be able to get it replaced for free without AppleCare+. I understand it's not a software issue so it shouldn't be covered but since this seems to be a flaw in iPhone 6 Plus design would it still be replacable for free?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 2:57 PM

94 replies

Sep 23, 2014 7:01 PM in response to MizaelN

I highly doubt apple would replace it for free.... On the other side the iPhone 6 plus bending is a Manufacturing Design Flaw and Apple should recall The iPhone 6 plus, or refurb them with a new design and replace them free of charge to those who already purchased the iPhone 6 plus..

Apple go to youtube and see the videos. you can bend it with hand pressure.

Sep 23, 2014 7:17 PM in response to Chris CA

I agree. But at the same time the phone should be designed to be in your front pocket where 98% of most phones are today.

My co-worker had it in there front pocket and it bent. I googled some videos and people are reporting the iPhone 6 Plus bent in a purse and in front pockets. This issue will be like the antenna issue... Buy a otter box "when they come out" and wearing on your belt.

Sep 24, 2014 6:12 AM in response to Chris CA

You are just a massive apple fan and didn't even look into the facts and defend apple all the way. Well i have the 5S and the 6 plus and my 5S if perfect i don't even have a scratch on it after 12 months i never once have put any phone in my back pocket only my front one and i can tell you right now and set you straight the iPhone 6 plus is too thin for the length and width and uses cheap aluminium. Because of that i have got a very noticeable bend in my 6 plus and it has never been dropped put in back pocket or squashed in any way to cause it to bend. The thickness of the aluminium used for the casing of the 6 Plus is no thinker than the 6 and has 1.5 times the area that weakens it by 50%. I can personally guarantee that every iPhone 6 plus made will get bent with normal use it is actually really easy to bend it a toddler could bend it. But i fixed mine with a heat gun and a flat surface, still disappointing all they had to do was use a stronger alloy and pay a little but more and they would have no bend issue. For phone that cost only $1300 you would want more from it.

Sep 24, 2014 6:19 AM in response to Chris CA

Totally disagree... if you pay for an apple product in the excess of £600 it should be able to last in your pocket. I have had mine for less than a week with a cover on and it has already started to bend. Ill be taking it back and asking them to refund the phone and the cover. Frankly speaking its not acceptable and I'm sure for the sake of their name they'll be looking seriously into recalling the product. This is a common fault.

iPhone 6 Plus Bending?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.