Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 Bug with Web Apps on iPad

I think i found a bug with iOS 8.0 on the iPad (Air):

When i pin a webpage to the homescreen to use it as native-styled fullscreen web-app, there seems to be an issue with the top status bar. When i launch the "app" from home screen in portrait mode, everything seems just fine: on top of the fullscreen webapp there is the status bar with white text on black background (showing battery and conectivity status). But when i open the "app" from home screen when the iPad is oriented in landscape mode, the status bar is not displayed correctly, as there is a black bar (gap) on the bottom of the page! Changing orientation while the app is opened, doesnt change behavior.

As i am the one who needs to create the web application, i tried lots of different things in the html header (according to apples documentation):

• Using meta tag "apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" with value "black" results in the behavior described above.
  • Using meta tag "apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" with value "black-translucent" lets the status bar text appear as overlay to the web content below... the problem is, that the text color appears to be always white, which is bad on a white background. There seems not to be any option to change the font color.

I found the problem already described several times online.. no solution until now.

In my opinion this is clearly a software bug, what do you think? Has anyone experienced the same problem?

iPad, iOS 8, iPad Air

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 3:35 AM

4 replies

iOS8 Bug with Web Apps on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.