Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 upgrade to iOS 8 causing performance issues?

I upgraded my iPad 2 to iOS 8 and it's now no longer functioning quickly enough to be usable. For example, it takes several seconds for the screen to simply shift from portrait to landscape. The delay in typing alone makes it unusable. Anyone else having the same problem? I tried to reinstall iOS 7 but wasn't successful. Anyone figure out how to fix this?

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 10:58 AM

II'd like to know, as well. Ever since I have done the update, my pages load slowly, if at all. I never had this trouble before the update. I'm really regretting ever installing it. @Apple, some help here?

244 replies

Sep 29, 2014 4:03 AM in response to gtwscw

Same issue happening to my iPad.... plus....when apps are opened they take too long too load up, at times there is a black screen, not just blank, but a black coloured screen. Than after waiting for it to open, after a few minutes of using the app (any app) or if I put my iPad to sleep to go do something else and go back to the app it is frozen and can not be used... so I must close it, so either by four finger swipe up or double clicking the home button and closing app and reopening it to work. This happens while reading emails as well. What about iCloud account not working, rejecting the password that works on an iPhone but not on the iPad! Annoying! Has anyone escalated these problems so that the Apple people do something about it. My iPad also gets real hot...this has been happening from the first time I purchased it, this has not stopped it still heats up, I have called and spoken to apple about it, around 3 or 4 times, but they keep saying its normal, but it's not...other friends that have iPads, and I have quite a few friends who do have an iPad, their iPads do not heat up like mine, and we would be at same meeting using our iPads! HELP US APPLE.

Sep 29, 2014 4:21 AM in response to MarknMikel

I AM REPEATING FOR EMPHASIS AND TO KEEP IT ON TOP OF ALL OTHER ISSUES.

in addition to that.....these things also happen....; when apps are opened they take too long too load up, at times there is a black screen, not just blank, but a black coloured screen. Than after waiting for it to open, after a few minutes of using the app (any app) or if I put my iPad to sleep to go do something else and go back to the app it is frozen and can not be used... so I must close it, so either by four finger swipe up or double clicking the home button and closing app and reopening it to work. This happens while reading emails as well. And motion to move from What about iCloud account not working, rejecting the password that works on an iPhone but not on the iPad! Annoying! Has anyone escalated these problems so that the Apple people do something about it. My iPad also gets real hot...this has been happening from the first time I purchased it, this has not stopped it still heats up, I have called and spoken to apple about it, around 3 or 4 times, but they keep saying its normal, but it's not...other friends that have iPads, and I have quite a few friends who do have an iPad, their iPads do not heat up like mine, and we would be at same meeting using our iPads! HELP US APPLE.

Sep 29, 2014 4:40 AM in response to MarknMikel

I Don't get the heating problem but do get the black screens, freezing, emails issue you have mentioned. Is this a conspiracy by Apple to get us to upgrade our iPads? Doesn't happen with my wife's mini iPad. I am annoyed as I usually wait a few weeks for the fall out before doing any Apple upgrades but for some reason I did this straight away. Lesson learned! I'm going back to my Dell desktop until they sort this out.

Sep 29, 2014 7:34 AM in response to gtwscw

Adding more bellow.....

(Same issue happening to my iPad.... plus....when apps are opened they take too long too load up, at times there is a black screen, not just blank, but a black coloured screen. Than after waiting for it to open, after a few minutes of using the app (any app) or if I put my iPad to sleep to go do something else and go back to the app it is frozen and can not be used... so I must close it, so either by four finger swipe up or double clicking the home button and closing app and reopening it to work. This happens while reading emails as well. What about iCloud account not working, rejecting the password that works on an iPhone but not on the iPad! Annoying! Has anyone escalated these problems so that the Apple people do something about it. My iPad also gets real hot...this has been happening from the first time I purchased it, this has not stopped it still heats up, I have called and spoken to apple about it, around 3 or 4 times, but they keep saying its normal, but it's not...other friends that have iPads, and I have quite a few friends who do have an iPad, their iPads do not heat up like mine, and we would be at same meeting using our iPads! HELP US APPLE....)

Forgot to mention....multitasking gestures stop working...and that wifi gets disconnected on iPad to many times a day. the list is growing!! I think Apple is trying to get us to buy new iPada or iPhones, if they can add U2 album to your music list, then can do anything! I wonder....if we should all go get a windows based computer! My desktop is a dell..works just fine never had issues like these,

iPad 2 upgrade to iOS 8 causing performance issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.