Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar & IOS 8 update time zone issue

since the update, my iPad is showing all of my appointments as GMT, not PST as they were set. I alter them individually and it returns to GMT. In "settings" under calendars, the "Time Zone Override" is not selected. I'm only in Pacific Standard time, though it keeps picking GMT. II've envelope turned it on and selected Cupertino, still no change. All the dates were created in PST.

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 9:11 AM

63 replies

Oct 12, 2017 11:11 AM in response to DREAZ

I can’t help envying you Americans whose calendars keep changing to GMT. I wish mine would. I live in England and had months of mine switching to Los Angeles time. Since my last update, it now thinks I’m in New York! I wish Apple would fix this. It’s really irritating. I now include the time in the text I type for each event.

Sep 26, 2014 9:50 PM in response to DREAZ

Here's how I fixed mine: I noticed that Time Zone Override was set to on with London set as location (unsure how this happened). Apparently, I set up my Exchange account while this feature was on. I turned the feature off, deleted my Exchange account from the phone, and then re-added the account back to the phone with the Time Zone Override feature off. Everything synced and is back to normal. I would expect the same behavior with Gmail or any other provider. Good luck!

Oct 15, 2014 7:19 AM in response to DREAZ

I have same issue with calendar where it shows correct time(CST) in left column on my calendar but has PST inside details (blocked area).

Initially I thought it was apple forcing me to see what the time was in California (PST) but seeing other people with the same issue in different time zones showing a different time zone than PST as secondary time, that is not the case. What is most irritating is if I want to change the time, it comes up in PST on the selection wheel which really throws me off.

I found an interesting thing. If I closed my calendar, change the time zone on and then back off (even though I had it as CST anyway). I then opened my calendar and created a new event. Voila, no secondary timezone shown. It did not fix the calendar entries I already had but if I deleted an existing one and re-added it, it is not showing PST time.

I'm not going to try deleting my exchange account to see if this solves the issue but maybe someone else wants to take a shot at it.

Please remember, this only worked if the calendar was shutdown when this worked. I tried it when calendar was open and it did not work.

This is what looked like before my flip flop

User uploaded file

this is what calendar looked like after flip flop

User uploaded file

this is what calendar looked like after flip flop on main screen

User uploaded file

Oct 27, 2014 6:14 PM in response to mkkwon

I move between Australia and Indonesia. On my iPad I manually set the time and location.

When I am in Sydney (GMT +10) and set up an appointment in Indonesia (GMT + 8) on my Windows 7 PC in MS Exchange. In Calendar on the iPad, when I am still in Australia show the time of the appointment in the Aust time zone. When I move to Indonesian and manually change the time on my iPad to GMT +8, this appointment now shows the times of the appt in Indonesian time and also in the Australian time zone.

In summary, if you are in the Time Zone where the appt is made then there is only one time showing in the iPad. If you move to a new time zone then the time in the new time zone is showing + the time zone where the appt was made.

The problem becomes, when you want to edit the appt on the iPad, the time showing is the time zone for where the appt was entered. So if I am now in Indonesia, and tap edit, the time showing is the Aust time zone which can them get confusing if I want to change the appt as I have to calculate the Aust time for the changed appt time and enter that into the iPad Calendar App.

Any ideas on fixing?

Nov 6, 2014 6:31 AM in response to DREAZ

I am also having time zone problems, but I have a great example of why this is an Apple problem. I have a boarding pass in Passbook for a flight that leaves at 5:16pm Eastern time. However, on my lock screen the notification is coming up as 12:16pm, which is five hours off -- hello GMT. Apple, what have you done to us?

Calendar & IOS 8 update time zone issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.