Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Service on Ipad 2 GSM 3G after IOS 8 Upgrade?

Upgraded to IOS 8 on IPAD 2 3G, Cellular Data on but relfects "No Service". AT&T said it's Apple's problem....Have not found a solution or a fix... Is Apple going to release another update?

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 8:20 AM

I have the same question. I upgraded to IOS 8 last night and I have an iPad 2 3G (no gsm) with ATT and now it says "No Service" in the upper left hand corner and when I check the general settings > about, it says "Network Not Available" and "Cellular Data Number Unknown."

188 replies

Sep 25, 2014 4:26 PM in response to hawthornejm

I was having same problem and was doing the power off and on to fix. it comes back on but then after a while goes to NO SERVICE.

MY solution that is working so far. go to i cloud and then choose iCloud Drive, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn OFF cellular data. this allows icloud drive to update using only wifi instead of consuming data plan. I am wondering now if every time it goes to no service if its trying to back up in iCloud Drive and turnnig off (in backgrounds) cellular data plan. Not sure I am right on this but it makes some kind of sense. Everything gets slower on the new IOS8 and I wonder if the icloud drive is also part of that problem.

hope this helps.

Sep 26, 2014 10:27 AM in response to LordBrixton

I Was having the same issue when I upgraded to io8.0.1, getting No Service occasionally but WiFi connected. Updated last night to ios8.0.2 and thought all was well until about one half hour ago I went from my house where everything was fine, to the hospital to visit and the No Service was back. The iPad connected to the hospital WiFi ok and worked. I then did a restart an

d service returned. Any further sugesstions?

Sep 26, 2014 11:22 AM in response to tictock47

I suggest you TURN OFF cellular data on iCloud drive (scroll to bottom) as its defaulted to ON. This way the device does not keep trying to turn it off in the background causing the NO SERVICE since backing up on a 3G dataplan is not ideal. I also upgraded to IOS8.02 and have kept the iCloud drive on cellular off and thus far I conitnue to have no problem. Hope it works for you too.

No Service on Ipad 2 GSM 3G after IOS 8 Upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.