Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double/Echo Email Notification Sound (iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8)

I have iCloud push email on my iPhone 6 Plus. When I get an email notification the sound seems to 'echo'. Another way to explain how it sounds is it sounds just like when I get a notification and my iPad and iPhone are right next to each other and both notifications come in at once. It did not do it with any of my past iPhones.

Here are the steps I've taken to isolate the problem.

1. Going into mail.app in Notifications and turning off "allow notifications" will turn off all visual notifications, but still allow audio notifications (no doubling of audio notifications)
  2. Turning off just "notification sound" by choosing "none" for each account will result in no audio notifications at all.
  3. Doing a "Reset All Settings" does not correct the problem.

All other notification sounds are fine, it's just when I get an email.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any solution?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 10:43 AM

122 replies

Sep 25, 2014 9:42 PM in response to GUERiLLAPUNK^MOB

I Am having the same issue. Posted in a different post what was happening for me. So far I havent been able to figure it out:

When my phone is locked it buzzes when I get a new mail message (expected). When I open the phone I get the alert banner (expected). On one account however (and only on one of three mail accounts set up), when I get the alert banner, the phone vibrates for a second time like there is a new message (not expected). I have tried playing with all the different sound settings I can think of but that either turns off all the buzzing on any new message completely or reverts to the dual vibrate.

Sep 28, 2014 1:48 AM in response to GUERiLLAPUNK^MOB

Hi

I have recently installed the new version 8.0.2 on my iPhone 4s 16gb since I installed the software I am having the same problems with my email alert it seems to go off twice when getting an email all the time

Many thanks

Ryan

Double/Echo Email Notification Sound (iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.