Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app lost data after updating to 8.02

My Health app lost all previous days data for steps, distance and flights climbed after updating to 8.02. Anybody else?

iPhone 6, iOS 8, 8.02

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 7:52 PM

43 replies

Sep 27, 2014 7:48 AM in response to JohnGross

Yep, same thing happened to me (and a few people on MacRumors are reporting same). I came here hoping to find a solution, maybe a way to restore my lost steps. If I can't trust the Health app to save my activity data after a routine software update, it's useless. I was about to ditch my fitbit since the M8 + Health can do the same thing, but even the free fitbit app backs data up to a remote server, which Health apparently doesn't. Hmm, if only Apple had some kind of cloud backup system in place to help with this... An "iCloud," if you will. Dare to dream!

Sep 27, 2014 12:21 PM in response to JohnGross

After I updated to iOS 8.0.2 I began entering all my data and even syncing with the updated MyFitnessPal app and everything seemed to be working fine. I had multiple dashboards including the blood glucose one so that I could see trends in my readings. Everything worked fine until later that night, 9-26-2014, when all my dashboards were gone from the main screen. I went into each separate health data category and all my data is gone. Now if I even try to click on the "me" category the app just freezes. It would have been nice if all that data was backed up on iCloud and I could restore, but I can't.

Using an iPhone 5s 16GB on iOS 8.0.2.

Sep 27, 2014 4:24 PM in response to ekelektos

I thought I was the only one. Started having the same problem after the 8.0.2 update. I also use MyFitnessPal (MFP). I've noticed using the M7 processor still logs activity in MFP, but not in HealthKit. In fact my selected health readings disappeared and every time I shut down the app, I lose them again.

There is definitely a problem with HealthKit.

Sep 27, 2014 6:08 PM in response to Michael Kuker

I wasn't using any other apps, I was just tracking my steps with the health app itself (and comparing it to my fitbit -- side-note, they were always within a few hundred steps of each other). I just tried the hard restart trick and it didn't restore my pre-update step data. Unlike others have reported here, it seems to be working fine since the update, just wish it hadn't wiped out my first week of steps (I'm on a 64 GB iphone 6 VZN btw).

Health app lost data after updating to 8.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.