Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.0.2 Not working properly with Safari

Because of numerous problems on my iPad with IOS 8, downloaded the update 8.0.2 and still having numerous problems with pages partially or not loading at all in Safari.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 11:03 AM

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

Also, clear your browser cache: Settings app > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Larry Wasson

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

Also, clear your browser cache: Settings app > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

Sep 26, 2014 11:53 AM in response to Larry Wasson

I read this morning on ZDnet.com that the 8.0.2 fix isn't designed to solve all the problems going on right now with wi-fi, etc. It's going to take at least 2 more weeks before Apple can solve this massive problem. Everything is working great on my 16 GB Iphone 4s after installing 8.0.2. My Ipad still has issues with wi-fi and pages freezing. Go into settings and turn off "enable LTE". Things worked better after I did that. Also stay nearby your wireless router you'll need all the bandwidth you can get. I'm with Comcast and my speedtest at the router is 50 Mb/s. The further I get from the router the worse it gets.

Sep 26, 2014 12:13 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I'm fairly new to Apple products. I had an Ipod, then bought my current phone an Iphone 4s plus I have an Ipad Air. I'm used to fixing problems because I've been using Microsoft Operating Sytems since Windows 95. I currently have Windows 7 Pro and love it. It works like a well oiled machine. For the amount of money we pay for Apple products there is no excuse in the world why we should do anything but install these Apple operating systems and just use them. They used to be bullet proof. Not any more. I'm due for an upgrade on my phone and will consider other options before my purchase. I'm ticked because I know Steve Jobs would be furious right now and some people would be fired. Your product is only as good as the people who designed it. Apple really messed up with this one.

Sep 27, 2014 3:05 AM in response to SPECTER57

I Read the 8.02 update is mainly aimed at fixing bugs with the new iphone 6 & that people with older devises (I'm on an iPad 2) should wait.

does anyone know if that's true?

im reluctant up update at all after 8.01 (which I never got thankfully).

i Just wondered if others have a problem with 8.02 or is it all ok now 🙂

my issue is being unable to upload photos, plus the wi fi & general performance is worse since updating to iOS 8, with more freezes & shutdowns.

Sep 27, 2014 3:10 AM in response to frasimm

ooops, I should have read the post prior to mine.

I'll wait.

to the poster, I had the same problem of not being able to upload photos.

have you tried Puffin free?

i can't copy & paste in it but it will upload photos from my iPad, the only browser ive found able to do it. I had to try it a few times before it worked, but it did eventually 🙂 Safari still can't do it.

Sep 29, 2014 12:59 PM in response to Freddie and Flo

NNow Puffin won't upload photos either!!

back to not being able to upload images at all, except in email.

also connectivity is terrible. I've had more crashes & freezes in the last few days since ios8 than ever before, in fact it rarely if ever froze before. I'm scared to try 8.02 in case it goes completely, what I'm reading about it doesn't sound like it's helping. I hope Apple are working on this.

ios 8.0.2 Not working properly with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.