Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up Apple TV to stream from iTunes match… stuck.

After the current software, when I go to My Music, the Apple TV says it's Setting up to stream music from iTunes Match. but it's been spinning for a LOOOONG time as in hours.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution?

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 12:27 PM

27 replies

Nov 6, 2014 11:38 AM in response to skinbeats

I am having the same problem: I would like to be able to access my iTunes songs on AppleTV through "Music > My Music" menu option, but my AppleTV 3rd generation does not load my music from iTunes match. I am able to access my songs on AppleTV through "Computers" menu option via Home Sharing as well via the Apple Remote app.

I have tried many solutions and permutations of these steps:

• Restarting Apple TV
  • Restarting iTunes
  • Updating Apple TV software
  • Update iTunes software
  • Signing out in iTunes
  • Signing out in AppleTV
  • Turning off Home sharing

Would someone from Apple please verify that they are able to successfully use this feature?

Nov 6, 2014 12:27 PM in response to MacketyMac

I neglected to share that I am running:

• Mac Mini Intel Core Solo
  • Mac OS X 10.6.8
  • iTunes 11.4

According to https://www.apple.com/icloud iCloud requires a Mac computer with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later. I cannot upgrade my Mac Mini to 10.7.5 as it requires an Intel Core 2 Duo, i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon processor. Would this have any bearing on my situation? I wouldn't think so because iTunes was able complete the process of matching all of my songs from the Mac Mini to iCloud. Also, I am able to play and download my songs to my iPhone and iPad from iTunes on the Cloud.

Dec 29, 2014 6:37 PM in response to skinbeats

I've experienced the same problem as well... What I have found (I think) is that the Apple TV device needs to be logged-in to iCloud first (before turning-on iTunes Match). If you have already experienced the continuous "spinning wheel", then 1) log out of iTunes, 2) log-in to iCloud, 3) log-in to iTunes and finally 4) turn-on iTunes Match). This worked for me. (Step 1 and 2 may need to be reversed, but it should not matter.) Good luck!

Setting up Apple TV to stream from iTunes match… stuck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.