Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 won't connect with iTunes. i tried restoring it, restarting, i even completely erased it, and it still won't connect, a window pops up on my computer saying that iTunes 11.4. or later needs to be downloaded.

My iPhone 6 won't connect with iTunes. i tried restoring it, restarting, i even completely erased it, and it still won't connect, a window pops up on my computer saying that iTunes 11.4. or later needs to be downloaded but it already has been on my computer, and its a brand new iPhone 6. my iPhone 5s has no problem connecting to iTunes.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 4:43 PM

28 replies

Feb 10, 2015 12:06 PM in response to OneCheekyChick

Just went down this road. Bought two new iPhones last week, one is having this same problem. No help from the store, no help from apple. Re-setting, re-booting, updating, all did nothing. Time to move away from apple. When you have to go through as much as we did to try to solve such a very simple issue, after paying so much money, it's definitely time to try a different product. Apple charges a fortune, yet they provide the same ridiculous service as everyone else. Why get hosed?

Aug 9, 2015 7:02 AM in response to niklively

As Lawerence Finch stated above you need to update iTunes.

iPhone 6 requires 11.4

iPhone 5 requires 11.1

those are minimum specs required for syncing.

System Requirements

Apple ID (required for some features)

Internet access6

Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:

Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later

PC: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later

iTunes 11.4 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/ie/download)

To up date itunes see

Get the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support

Jan 26, 2016 12:45 PM in response to niklively

Hey - I just spoke with Support at Apple, and in my case, my Mac didn't have the updated software which would allow me to update iTunes and connect my phone.

My Mac is a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8, and I had to download the OS X El Capitan from the app store (for free), then download the latest iTunes (12 something), and then I was able to sync my iPhone 6s.

Hope this helps!

My iPhone 6 won't connect with iTunes. i tried restoring it, restarting, i even completely erased it, and it still won't connect, a window pops up on my computer saying that iTunes 11.4. or later needs to be downloaded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.