Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete an App Folder in iCloud Drive?

How do I delete an App Folder in iCloud Drive? I deleted an app, but the app/folder still shows up in iCloud Drive.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 4:07 AM

... no replies on this very valid question, even after three days. This isn't a good sign 😟

16 replies

Oct 18, 2014 4:35 AM in response to AppaHolic

Many thanks AppaHolic! This worked for me on the second go: I found that:

1. Once you've re-installed the App, you may first have to activate its iCloud connection from within the App in order to get it to show up in the iCloud settings (this is the case with GoodReader, for example)

2. Close the iCloud settings after turning off the App and wait a few seconds before deleting the App - if you're too hasty the folder isn't removed.

It would be much easier just to have a delete option from the iCloud Drive folder screen, but many thanks for finding this work-around.

Oct 18, 2014 4:57 AM in response to NickCoote

Had to share it right away when I came across it. Was bothering me the way it looked. Also you will continue to see the folder if you have any documents stored in that apps container for your iCloud Drive, so make sure you remove all your docs as well. Luckily you can see how many files you have in there as well, and from OS X remove them in most cases.

Oct 20, 2014 12:24 AM in response to AppaHolic

Hi AppaHolic,

thanks for your suggestions. I tried at least ten times now but these doesn't seem to work for me.

I have 4 apps (Sketchbook, Goodreader, Readdle Docs and Readdle Scanner) that refuse do go away. Only iMovie does.

These 4 instead never really go away: I can wait hours but as soon as I delete the app from the phone the folder "resurrects" in iCloud Drive.

This is driving me mad 😢

Oct 20, 2014 12:44 AM in response to gaspaenr

Saw it came back for me as well. It was fine until I deleted the app. Shortly after I did. As far as deleting the folder on there from mac it comes back right away. However my issue is that I have a beta version of scanner pro by Readdle which is the folder I want to get rid of as I also have the non beta appstore version. Only my phone sees the folder from the beta version.

Oct 26, 2014 9:35 AM in response to evaspaceman

I had the same issue because my multiple Readdle Scanner Pro files became inaccessible on iCloud (iPad Air and iPhone 6+).

1. Go to Settings-->General-->Usage

2. Select Manage Storage on "Storage" first, and then find and delete Scanner Pro (or any file). Sometimes you have to select "edit" first on the top right corner.

3. Repeat for iCloud Storage

4. Then, turn off your wifi and turn off and on the device (to clear cache). Sometimes you may have to reset network settings to eliminate any cache connections between iCloud Servers and background syncing on the iOS device.

5. Reinstall the App, and then select iCloud and iCloud Drive.

This worked for me. I am not sure how to make the Scanner ".psdoc" file format re-readable by the iOS devices, once uploaded.

Mar 15, 2015 2:49 AM in response to gaspaenr

There seems to be no adressing on this issue from Apple what so ever. I'm on iOS8.2 right now on my 6plus and tried to delete Readdle on the iphone, ok succeeded, tried to delete the Readdle App Library file on iCloud.com, nothing whatsoever could be deleted. All setting from Readdle on the iphone are gone, i.e. on iCloud, on usage... So the App file stays there forever? At least they should make it hidden. I don't bother having it there if it only takes up some kB. Hallo Apple?

May 5, 2015 5:35 PM in response to evaspaceman

I tried to delete Scanner Pro and Scanner Mini - Apps folder.

What I did:

Go to System Preferences on Mac->iCloud->Manage, chose Scanner Pro and tap Delete Documents and Data.

Open Finder on Mac->iCloud Drive and see if folder "Scanner by Readdle" - removed.

Go to iPhone/iPad Settings->iCloud->Storage->Manage Storage->Documents&Data, select the app and see if data of Scanner Pro or Scanner Mini - removed.

Delete the App Scanner Pro on iPhone 5S, iOS 8.3

The folder "Scanner by Readdle" is still on my iCloud Drive.

How do I delete an App Folder in iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.