Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded ios8 and want to delete ibooks and health apps.

How do I delete apps such as ibooks that came with ios8? There is no "x" using the usual method. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 8:53 AM

You can't, in iOS 8 they are built-in apps - you can try leaving feedback for Apple : http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

20 replies

Sep 27, 2014 5:21 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks. Apple has gone down many notches in my book for this behavior.

In order to download ios8 I had to remove some apps and stored music to gain enough space. After downloading the ios8 I find that I have automatically received several apps - FOR WHICH I HAVE NO CHOICE - that take up storage space, thus limiting what I can choose to have on my iphone 5s. This is far too "big brother" for me and will certainly make me consider a different phone when I need to replace this one.

Shame on Apple.

I went to that site and filled out the form but couldn't find any submit button guaranteeing that Apple won't receive feedback. Down another several notches.

Sep 28, 2014 4:21 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks. Apple has gone down many notches in my book for this behavior.

In order to download ios8 I had to remove some apps and stored music to gain enough space. After downloading the ios8 I find that I have automatically received several apps - FOR WHICH I HAVE NO CHOICE - that take up storage space, thus limiting what I can choose to have on my iphone 5s. This is far too "big brother" for me and will certainly make me consider a different phone when I need to replace this one.

Shame on Apple.

I went to that site and filled out the form but couldn't find any submit button guaranteeing that Apple won't receive feedback. Down another several notches.

Sep 28, 2014 5:10 PM in response to slcutah

The health app on my device takes up 625 mb of space (I am currently storing or recording steps, distance and flights). If you are not using the application - the amount of space lost is minimal. The space that iBooks (unused) would occupy is probably that amount or less. If you are that tight on space, you may want to think about upgrading to another phone with more onboard storage. My opinion.

Sep 28, 2014 8:25 PM in response to slcutah

I fully understand, and I agree with your statement that we should be allowed to control what is on our devices, especially when the space contained therein is limited. Personally, I think that they should have dumped the 16gb versions, and started with the 32 GB versions of the 6&6plus as the base model.

Maybe some feedback regarding the possibility of removing stock apps that are not desired would sway their opinions, and maybe in a future update some of the stock apps can be removed.

apple.com/feedback.

Oct 9, 2014 6:16 AM in response to slcutah

Well written.

I totally agree with you slcutah and although I can see that other correspondents on your subject are trying to help,

to be told that you cannot remove apps that are really tied in to Apple sales potential and not the operating system leaves me

feeling not only infuriated but maddened.

I am an iPad user with 16gb storage , a lot of which is tied up by Apple system.Apple has a duty to supply products that work economically

and not install apps that steal that valuable space I have worked hard to afford.

I downloaded ios8 and want to delete ibooks and health apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.