Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green dot issue with iPhone 6 plus when taking video/picture

I woke up this morning to take a picture of the beautiful sunrise and to my surprise I noticed a green dot appearing on my screen. I cleaned my lens and still happening. I tried using the video and still the same. It only happens when the sun is in the background. This is annoying because I like to take pictures of the the sunrise or sunset. Anyone having the same issue on their iPhone 6 plus?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 1:57 PM

Lads I have done some seemingly conclusive research and it appears that the dot comes from the "potency" of the suns rays bouncing between the sensor and the glass. Apparently dslr cameras can experience the same problem. Long exposure to the bright sunlight can damage the sensor and this leads to that and the camera experiences a blue/green dot. It is almost unavoidable with non-manual shutters

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 1:57 PM in response to EagleFox

Lads I have done some seemingly conclusive research and it appears that the dot comes from the "potency" of the suns rays bouncing between the sensor and the glass. Apparently dslr cameras can experience the same problem. Long exposure to the bright sunlight can damage the sensor and this leads to that and the camera experiences a blue/green dot. It is almost unavoidable with non-manual shutters

Aug 5, 2016 8:06 PM in response to EagleFox

I Noticed this yesteday once I uploaded my photos. I cleaned the back lens and took a few pictures. This am the same darn green dot showed up again!! I turned on the video and moved it around. It appears once the sun is in view. My iPhone 4S takes better pictures and my friend's iPhone 5s also does not have the green dot. Since a majority of my photos center around sunrise, sunset, this is screwing me. Have you heard of any solutions?

<Edited by Host>

Nov 3, 2014 6:56 AM in response to Brett L

I got my iPhone 6 plus 2 days ago and found that I had the same problem. The green dot is on every sunset photos I took with the 6 plus. I read the entries on the communities and realized that this is not new problem. I check the photos on my iPhone 5 and found that the green dots are there when there is a strong light source in the background. However, since the screen size of iPhone 5 is smaller, it is less noticeable. Now that the 6 plus screen size is 5.5 inches, the green dots stand out like a sore thumb! I think more and more users will found that unacceptable and Apple would have to find a solution in the next iteration of bigger size iPhone. That's also why the SLR grade camera cannot be replaced just yet...

Nov 4, 2014 9:16 PM in response to shayneharidas

Yeah, I read a post that said part of photography was composition. Exactly, how do you compose a picture of the sunset differently to avoid that green dot. I turned my camera every which way...and their advertisement for the new IPhone cameras says, it's the only camera you will ever need, yeah, right. I am an Apple lover. Total Appple here, MacBook Pro, Iphone 6 Plus, IPad Air and Apple TV so very disappointed this has gone on for so long and still no REAL solution.

Green dot issue with iPhone 6 plus when taking video/picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.