Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why does my iCloud account on my phone shows "Family information is not available."

Under iCloud the family share option simply states "Family information is not available." I cannot connect to a Family share request. When i try to view the invitation i get the message Cannot connect to iCloud. I have removed the account and added it back to no avail. Everything else about the account seems to be functioning normally, mail, contacts, notes, etc.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8, 8.02

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

I had this problem and finally resorted to the action which solves most such problems: I rebooted my iPhone (holding the power and home buttons for a few seconds). When the phone came back on, the problem was fixed! Good luck!

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 9, 2015 3:16 PM in response to FixForPhone In response to FixForPhone

Call Apple support someone needs to reset your account and they told me there was a redflag stating the account was a "re-saler" account meaning someone worked for Apple or used their log-In name in an electronic store or something. Just call and they ask some questions and send it to a higher up who changes the account back to a regular account.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Sep 28, 2014 7:17 PM in response to FixForPhone In response to FixForPhone

I had this problem and finally resorted to the action which solves most such problems: I rebooted my iPhone (holding the power and home buttons for a few seconds). When the phone came back on, the problem was fixed! Good luck!

Sep 28, 2014 7:17 PM

Reply Helpful (11)
Question marked as Helpful

Jan 9, 2015 3:16 PM in response to FixForPhone In response to FixForPhone

Call Apple support someone needs to reset your account and they told me there was a redflag stating the account was a "re-saler" account meaning someone worked for Apple or used their log-In name in an electronic store or something. Just call and they ask some questions and send it to a higher up who changes the account back to a regular account.

Jan 9, 2015 3:16 PM

Reply Helpful (5)

Jan 23, 2017 10:52 AM in response to CJFourie In response to CJFourie

Rebooting in any form has not solved my problem. But reactivating cell data even for local networks instead of international has solved the problem. It seems strange, though, why only the iPhone has no Family Sharing without cellular data, but the iPad has Family Sharing all the same, also without cellular data.

Jan 23, 2017 10:52 AM

Reply Helpful

Feb 2, 2017 3:31 PM in response to Justin Chris T In response to Justin Chris T

I was so frustrated today, and this worked for me too. Never have a problem with my iPad 2, but the iPhone 7 was making me nuts without being able to use my family sharing. Thanks for the tips, guys; you made a mama very happy to get her Apple Music back on the phone!!!!

Feb 2, 2017 3:31 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: FixForPhone

Question: Why does my iCloud account on my phone shows "Family information is not available."