Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Touch 5th generation won't turn on?

It was working fine, there is no damage, it won't charge, iTunes doesn't recognize it, I've only had it for about two months, I locked it and when I went to check it again it would not turn on, it doesn't respond to anything. I have a warranty, would Apple replace it? Or is there a way I can fix it? I've tried everything the other questions have said to do. I can't restart it, or put it in recovery mode. Help?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 6:56 PM

211 replies

May 11, 2017 10:24 AM in response to kittehcx

My iPod won't work! A While back in September I cracked the screen a little bit. It worked just fine. Months passed by and the charger started having problems. I even went out of my way to buy a new charger to get it working. Still no luck. The only way it worked was when I bent the cord in an angle. Around the Super Bowl I started having issues charging it, it wouldn't stay charged long even to use it. Randomly one day it shut off and hasn't been working since. Idk what to do. Ive contacted Apple Support, they said it would cost a lot of money to fix it. If someone could help me, that would be great! Thank you!

Jul 23, 2017 11:39 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Hi Good Day. I just wanna ask if you could help me. My ipod 5th gen was battery drain then i tried to charge it it worked but it took me 3-4 times to power on that. When iits on, i opened my gallery all of my photos were gone. So i decided to turn it off again. But unfortunately, i wasn't able to power it on again. I tried to connect it on pc but its on recovery mode and i don't know what todo. Could you help me how to fix it? And how can i retrieved the photos in case it was gone though i havent had any back up on my ipod. Thank you. I hope you could help me. I'm stressing out. Thank you sir.

Aug 17, 2017 4:50 AM in response to kittehcx

Home button working

Press at the same time the Home and the Power button for like 10 seconds and wait for the apple logo appears in the screen. This is an hard reset. It should work.

Home button not working

You can't make an hard reset so the best option is to put your ipod/iphone in the fridge for a couple of hours, maybe 4-10 hours depending on the percentage of the battery when it turned off or the temperature of the fridge.

Once the battery is fully drained out, you can check it by pressing the power button, the charging apple logo appears on the screen, and "voilá!". Charge it and it's working again!

Nov 23, 2017 4:24 PM in response to kittehcx

Answer One :- Ralph - i just had a similar issue today with my Ipod touch turning on and your solution to reboot by holding the home button and power button on together worked magically! Thanks! You saved me from having to call Apple Support again who when I tried this morning wanted the serial number which is impossible to read on the back!

Answer 2 :- Reboot Your iPod You will Access normally Once gain

Answer three :- ****

<Link Edited by Host>

Nov 5, 2014 12:37 PM in response to truss-me

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

Ignore the reset and when it says place the iPod in recovery mode

Place the iPod in recovery mode using one of these programs:

For PC

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

or

http://joshuabailey1997.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/recboot-v1-3/

If necessary:

Download QTMLClient.dll & iTunesMobileDevice.dll for RecBoot

and

RecBoot tip

RecBoot may have problems on 64X windows, then try:

Tenorshare ReiBoot – Enter & Exit iPhone, iPad, iPod Recovery Mode with a Single Click

For MAC or PC

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Installs blootware on PC too

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod Touch 5th generation won't turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.