Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 been restoring from icloud backup for 9 days and still not finished?

I got my iPhone 6 on the 19th when it came out. It's an ATT 128 gb model. I started restoring from icloud backup on that Friday (9 days ago). It still is saying it's restoring from backup. Daily it's asking me to delete the data or keep downloading. This phone is for my business, so the info is very important. I am also worried that all the things in the last week have yet to be backed up since then, because I can't back it up till the restore is complete. I also can't do the new software update 8.0.2. I am on a fast WIFI nearly 18+ hours a day and I can surf the net just fine, but why is my restore from 9 days ago still not finished?

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 9:39 PM

29 replies

Apr 14, 2017 4:09 PM in response to MzBrownIz

Hit done too soon ...

it kept saying it was still restoring and i coulsnt figure out why ... all txts/apps/photos where there. Rhen i checked the media in my txt message history and everything is blank! Now im more than a week into to the restore and im afraid to stop it. I dont want to loose all the bew txt messages and media since this restore began.

I hope He can help me too. :(

Oct 5, 2014 5:51 AM in response to tlk50970

Apple:

This needs to get improved. I had the exact same issue migrating my 5 and wife's 5S previously. It's never worked well. We need status bars, and indications of what has been copied, what remains to be copied, and ways to resume it and pause it without hoping it works and getting messages in the morning asking if you want to resume it, making you wonder if anything actually occurred overnight. The message doesn't pop up within 10 minutes of connecting to power and wi-fi so I have no idea how long it actually takes to come up.

It's unacceptable to think any device owner wants to roll the dice and hope they have all their data. We use these devices for our jobs and that data is critical for some of us. It's not all just pictures of the dog! Even though those are critical, too!! It would be different if this wasn't a known issue and the resolution wasn't so easy...get this fixed!!!

Oct 10, 2014 11:55 AM in response to tlk50970

I'm having the same problem with restoring a back up of my iPhone 6 Plus 128G iOS 8.0.2. I've attempted to restore 3 times now all going beyond 12-24 hours. It appears all the information is there, however, when it comes to photos and I do the "collections" view, some tiles are blank where they should be showing photos...and I believe they are showing blank for a few hundred and randomly. I still get the "restoring from icloud" message at the bottom of the screen.

Iphone 6 been restoring from icloud backup for 9 days and still not finished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.