Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new iOS 8 update CONSTANTLY FREEZES AND CRASHES MY iPad 2. What do I do about this?

The new iOS 8 update CONSTANTLY FREEZES AND CRASHES MY iPad 2. What do I do about this?

Why won't Apple let me remove the update when it makes my iPad nearly useless? I do not understand this at all.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 8:37 AM

16 replies

Sep 29, 2014 1:44 PM in response to maryb22

I Have the same thing with my iPad 4 And my iPhone 5. I'm so angry. It all got worse even after the 8.0.2 update. wifi doesn't work on my iPhone 5 and wifi is extremely erratic. Its at full speed for about 30 seconds (15Mbps) then it will either drop to below 1mbps or it will drop the wifi completely. Apples ****** service will only tell you that you have to wait for another ****** update Since they refuse to allow customers to downgrade to ios7 now.

Oct 2, 2014 4:30 PM in response to maryb22

OK if you're in America. Im on a wi fi only ipad 4. After updating to iOS8, it couldn't load pages or upload images. The 8.02 has solved the photo upload problem but its still much worse. It much, much slower, does odd things, copy & paste is worse or not work & it often won't load images. I didn't have these problems before iOS8, occasionally had to turn wi fi off & on again but nothing like this! I hope Apple please fix with iOS8.03, use the best bits from iOS7, or just give iOS7 back. 8.02 seemed a partial fix & a long way off being as even as good as iOS7 let alone better. Usually updates are great, others not so, I didn't like 7.12 much but this ones bad enough to drive me here! That's a 1st

Oct 6, 2014 8:08 AM in response to maryb22

TThe Apple people helped me a lot. For two days it seemed to be working perfectly after hours of trying to correct problems.

I Was happy. Now the links are back to freezing up again. And some of the apps are still crashing. Especially my yahoo mail.

I Pray there was a way to go back to IOS 7. They really should allow for this. I do Pray they WILL CORRECT THIS ERROR.

I AM SOOOOOO TIRED OF ALL THESE PROBLEMS.

Oct 7, 2014 1:22 PM in response to maryb22

I Was trying several times thinking my wireless is broke some how. Or the Ipad. I kept trying hoping and thank goodness it is apples error. There is a way to revert back to previous updates I found on the internet just googling This about turning back time. I havent done yet but will soon. Good luck I hope this works for others.

http://mashable.com/2014/09/24/how-to-downgrade-ios-8-0-1/

Oct 7, 2014 2:50 PM in response to Emma-2121

HHi Emma, trouble is that link is only for back to iOS8, which in my case is worse than iOS8.02 but that is worse than iOS7.12, which there is no going back to 😟

I ve another problem, im on an iPad4 retina display, wi fi only, often nothing happens when I try to log onto pages, sometimes enlarging the picture on the screen then going back to normal can stop its 'freeze' but not always. The Google search will scroll up and down ok but won't log into anything. It doesn't even try, its as if it's frozen. Does anyone know why, or is it likely just another glitch with the iOS8.02. I never had this happen before the iOS 8 update btw.

Oct 10, 2014 11:40 PM in response to maryb22

I tried a hard restart, but the number pad for logging in is so outsized that I cannot dragggggg the screen over to get to the rest of my unlock #s. I have a useless phone! UDATE, please Apple. I've owned the phone less than 24 hours. This is like dealing with MacOS before X. Sigh. And, now my phone is locking me out b/c of so many missed tries.

Oct 19, 2014 5:14 PM in response to maryb22

Same here. Constantly freezing and powering off by itself. Never had this happen before. And just for the heck of it, I can't read what I'm writing on my phone. becahse the keyboard is blocking the screen. And this autocorrect of every word you type is really, really annoying. Need to fix this. Nothing wrong beforehand.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.