Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus 60fps causing camera app to freeze

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, IOS 8.0.2. When you go to settings>photos & camera>record video at 60 FPS toggled on. The camera app freezes up when you switch between camera modes like say from video to slow mo or sometimes video to photo, when you switch it a few times. Anyone else have this problem? I can repeat this every time. It was the same way on IOS 8.0.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 9:49 AM

anyone else have this problem?

77 replies

Sep 30, 2014 7:38 PM in response to Doofuss

hope they have good news to fix it. Sorry to be clear the phone rotation where the main screen sometimes gets. Stuck in landscape or never rotates. I always to a rnoot to fix it temporarily.It's cool I found anforum with others that is experiencing it too. Well if you could be kind to give me a status of what Apple is doing to help fix the issue later would be great. Take care

Oct 2, 2014 8:38 AM in response to roni75020

Spoke to Apple support yesterday morning. He was able to replicate what I told him. I have not had this issue with 30 FPS. They sent the information to their engineering department. Anyone else who wants to test this simply turn on Record Video at 60 FPS, record a short video say like 6 seconds stop it then switch to Slo Mo. The camera screen will freeze on the transition screen between modes.

Oct 5, 2014 11:03 AM in response to roni75020

I couldn't repreduce the issue on the exposition models at Apple Store. So it's a hardware issue for me. I noticed also that the on screen slide to correct the light level is working only in the ´Down' direction in the three vido modes. The 'Up' one has no effect. It was correctly working on the expo models. I conntacted Apple for a replacment which was accepted immediatly and for a new one, not refurbished (think it's a known issue, and more people are concerned beceause the 60is is not checked by default in the camera options).

Oct 9, 2014 2:26 PM in response to Doofuss

I replaced my iphone yesterday for a new one using my 14 days retraction period; but it was needless, i'm afraid 🙂. I discovered after some tests that it was the assistive touch option that was causing the camera freezes. I use this option since my faulty iphone 4 home button, and founded very useful with the big screen of the 6+.

Problem solved for the moment for me deactivating the assistive touch.

Nov 6, 2014 6:41 AM in response to Doofuss

I also have this problem. When i turn it off 60fps, the freezing goes away. I have iOS 8.1 128GB iPhone 6 Plus.

Seems to be a software bug. We shall see what apple will do. Since this problem was occurring in 8.0.2 and even at 8.1, I still have it the problem needs to be fix as it is not a feature I can't use.

Iphone 6 Plus 60fps causing camera app to freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.