Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any iOS 8 Bluetooth mouse for iPad?

I held my iPad too much so my left arm, elbow and wrist were all sore. My physiotherapist told me to use another hand more. So, I recently added a Logical Bluetooth keyboard to iPad. It greatly enhances my productivity. But then, I find myself all the time raising my arm (instead of resting comfortably on the desk) to touch the iPad and my should to forearm starts sore and I need to visit a physiotherapy. So, I miss the mouse very much. I know iOS up to 7 don't have a mouse included in design.

What about iOS 8? Is there any bluetooth mouse that can be used on an iPad (like a Surface Pro 3)?

I'm considering to upgrade to the next iPad Air, or Surface Pro 3?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1, Dark Gray iPad Smart Cover

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Unfortunately you can't use a mouse with IOS 8 either.

30 replies

Oct 2, 2014 1:05 AM in response to Ivan H

iOS, in general, was never designed for use with any mouse. Period.

Your fingers are considered the mouse.

If you want a mouse driven device, consider getting a MacBook Air. It combines the instantaneous power on/off response of an iPad, the Flash storage of an iPad but has full OS X and full touchpad or external mice control, as well as a built-in full hardware keyboard.

Oct 15, 2014 4:21 PM in response to MichelPM

Things, in general, change. Period.

A mouse would be useful.

Sometimes a simple OS would be useful for those without a desire to use fingers to edit documents on the fly. Not everyone wants multiple devices when a single device *could* achieve a similar if not more efficient and enjoyable experience.

Whether or not anyone agrees, it is their opinion. It is *possible* Ivan. With your iOS version, its very very possible. Google search. 🙂

Oct 30, 2014 9:32 AM in response to Ivan H

All Garmin Basecamp and other expensive apps I bought REQUIRE a mouse. GPS apps need a mouse. Waste of money to buy GPS programs that are worthless for programing routes on the IPAD. Every point must to be entered by hand. No rubberbanding of routes without a mouse. I bought a Ipad Air for motorcycle routing on the road...I leave it at home, no point if I can't program the Garmin ZUMO 665.

Nov 2, 2014 6:02 PM in response to satkins93

A mouse gives the user the ability to locate anywhere on a display and perform some actions remotely far from the screen whilst multi-touch touchscreen gives similar functions but constrained to a zero distance from the screen.

Perhaps a mini-trackball at the edge of the screen can perform a mouse function making a remote bluetooth mouse is not mandatory. It requires new hardware technology and additional functionality in iOS (say, a TrackKit).

I believe integration of Magic TrackPad should be the right direction.

Nov 2, 2014 7:04 PM in response to satkins93

Hi Satkins93,

Here's what I extracted from Garmin's website:

"Use BaseCamp to plan your next hiking, biking, motorcycling, driving or off-roading trip. You can view maps, plan routes, and mark waypoints and tracks from your computer and then transfer them to your device."

Personally, I believe Garmin knows well the limitations of a "device". You may be using Basecamp Mobile, but it's for iPhone 4s, not iPad. It requires most of the planning work on a Windows or Mac based computer. a device is not a fully functional computer. Not yet at least. However, my expectation to iPad has changed since I tested Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Recently I upgraded my iPhone to 6 Plus and then decided to stop upgrading my iPad. At least I need to see what next after iOS8.1, likely not re-considering another iPad upgrade before iOS 9. I definitely need a tablet with something like a mouse, if not better.

Nov 3, 2014 10:37 AM in response to Ivan H

BTW Garmin Basecamp if a Free App or Program. +The Ipad/Phone have good travel apps, some use it as a GPS device. All Apps like the TOMTOM app and a bunch of others give you the option of making a route. Worthless without a right mouse click. So I don't bother carrying my IPAD with Data.

So I need to carry a Large expensive Solid State computer that can not be mounted anywhere on a large motorcycle. Add A Data card, antenna, computer, GPS Iphone, power supplies and so on....It doesn't work well for touring motorcyclist.

Any iOS 8 Bluetooth mouse for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.