Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does FCPX crashes when I paste attributes?

I have a brand new Mac Pro,... 32 GB RAM i7 6 core beast, but when it comes to FCPX it continually crashes when I go to paste attributes. Why?

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 8:00 PM

28 replies

Oct 30, 2014 8:55 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm having this issue too.

OSX Yosemite

FCPX 10.1.3

Using clips imported as optimized media from a Canon XA10, copied to library.

Copying a clip with a Keyer, Transformed and Cropped, w/ Audio Compressor and AULowpass. The clip is also running Dual Mono Channels.

I can copy the clip fine but when I try to paste attributes on another green screen shot in the same timeline FCPX freezes and then crashes. I CAN paste effects with no problem though.

Nov 4, 2014 8:23 PM in response to Korbhen

I've been having this issue for a long time now. I've noticed the crash is repeatable when the first clip that I want to copy it's attributes from has it's audio's Pan Mode setting on anything other than "none." If I have that Pan Mode on "Dialogue," for example, and I copy, the moment I hit Paste Attributes (shift, command, v) on a target clip FCPX crashes. It doesn't matter that the target clip also has the same Pan Mode as the original clip. I've had to do a work-around by pasting attributes before moving the Pan Mode on my clips. I hope this helps, and I hope they fix this problem soon.

Why does FCPX crashes when I paste attributes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.