Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 vibrate intensity is very very weak compared to previous generation iPhones.

Got iPhone 6 on 9/19. Found out that Vibrate intensity is very very weak on iPhone 6 compared to previous generation iPhones. I keep missing calls and alerts when on vibrate mode. Is there any solution to this ?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 12:14 PM

83 replies

Jun 3, 2017 4:21 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

As someone else said, those of us who're saying we're missing calls/texts that we previously did not miss, because our Vibrate on Silent setting is too weak, know that we can toggle to turn the sound on. And then we also know that we can adjust the volume up and down! The POINT is that the Vibrate setting is simply too weak to notice the alert AT ALL. We like our phones on Vibrate and we need that setting to work. Apple needs to offer some solution to make the Vibrate On Silent setting operate as a viable alert system. That's all.

Nov 9, 2017 12:48 PM in response to rverma999

Would be nice if the vibration intensity could be adjusted by the user. For those haters that only want an audible notification and completely missed the OP's point, they can use audible only. For those that want a faint vibration, they could use that. For those that work in loud environments, they can have their teeth rattled. I agree with the OP that the vibration intensity is useless, that is why I searched for this issue to begin with !

Oct 8, 2014 9:15 AM in response to rverma999

I checked on four different iPhone 6 ( 3 with Sprint and 1 with Verizon) and found out that the intensity level of vibration was very low on all of them. Even after keeping the phone in front of the eyes on the table, we couldn't hear the vibration. This was not the case with my iphone 4 or 5. I'm sure other people on this forum may have experienced the same.

Oct 10, 2014 7:50 AM in response to McGreevious

That's the whole point. It should be loud enough to alert you. But iPhone 6 has such a low vibration that it wouldn't even alert you unless you are looking at it or it is in your hand. Previous iPhones were not like this. I'm going to visit Apple store today and see what they have to say. I also have a case open with them on this issue. It may be some hardware they changed in 6 to make it thinner which is causing this.

Oct 10, 2014 8:06 AM in response to rverma999

But if you want to hear your iPhone, why don't you just put a ringtone on? The point of vibration is to alert you without making noise. If you can feel it vibrating, why do you need to hear it?

Maybe I'm missing the point but if you want to hear your iPhone when it rings, putting on a ringtone is the obvious solution here. Is there a reason why you can't do that?

Oct 10, 2014 8:22 AM in response to McGreevious

Yes. There are reasons why I want to keep it in vibrate instead of ringtone. At my work, I keep it in vibrate so that no one gets disturbed if I get a call or text. Specially in a meeting, I must put it in vibrate. When I have the phone kept on my desk in vibrate mode, I miss text or calls most of the time now. It never used to happen with my old iPhone 4s.

Also, I use my phone as a pager for my work and I want to keep it in vibrate in the night so that only I get up in the middle of the night when I get a page. I don't want to disturb others at home. I've been missing the pages now because the vibration is very mild and I don't hear even hear it. Again, I never used to miss the pages before on my iPhone 4s.

Oct 12, 2014 7:50 AM in response to McGreevious

I visited apple store and they simply said that they can't do anything to improve this. They asked me to give feedback to apple on www.apple.com/feedback which I did. I will request other people to write there feedback too if they think this (vibration intensity) is a problem for them. If more people write about this, Apple may do something about it.

Oct 21, 2014 6:49 AM in response to rverma999

I am unsure as to why there is so much confusion regarding the original poster's concerns. I am experiencing the same thing. I carry my iPhone 6 in my pocket and with the ringer volume up to full and the ring/vibrate function set to on, I miss multiple calls during the day. I simply do not hear the ringer nor does the vibration function get my attention. There are several users in my office with the same complaint. The president of the company switched back to his 5s because he is missing too many important calls. I find it unfortunate that Apple is stating that there is nothing that they can do about this.

iPhone 6 vibrate intensity is very very weak compared to previous generation iPhones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.