Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i add a picture/logo in my email signature?

Hello. I need to add a logo in my signature. How can I do this? I tried to upload but just get a red cross...

Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 6:30 AM

45 replies

Jan 23, 2017 11:42 PM in response to drdurango

By default, an iPhone will always send new messages in Plain Text unless any formatting has been applied to the text. If formatting is applied to the text, such as making the text bold or italic, then it will send the message in HTML.

This shows how to set the default signature on the iPhone to bold or italic, so that all message sent will be in HTML.

1. On the iPhone tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scroll down to the Signature section.
    User uploaded file
  2. Tap Signature and then tap and hold on your current signature and tap Select All.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap the > arrow and then select the B/U button.
  4. Make the text bold or italic and then tap Mail.. at the top left of the screen to save the settings.
    User uploaded file

With these changes, any emails sent from your iPhone that include this signature will be sent in HTML. This means that Mail Disclaimerswill be able to apply the HTML version of your signature to the message.

Mar 29, 2017 3:41 PM in response to drdurango

I recently had the same issue and so I found myself upon this support article. After messing with it a little bit I was still having the same issue you were. What I found out you need to do is, the image you plan on using in your signature line on your phone, you need to have the image stored locally on your phone as well. After I saved the image it appeard in the signature line when I would compose new emails, and the little blank box no longer appeared. I hope this helps if you havent found a soultion to the problem yet.

May 20, 2017 10:02 AM in response to drdurango

I think I have finally cracked it!

after many attempts I found a way for it to work:-

Create a signature in outlook or similar but as well as the picture imported add some txt such as sent from my mobile which must be bold or italic or both send a mail to your phone copy and paste into your signature then wait 5 seconds shake and undo formatting (before I was just sending a picture and then no undo format option appears)

hay presto done

Oct 8, 2014 6:48 AM in response to imodztech

imodztech wrote:

You actually can do this. Just make your signature with the logo you want on your laptop or Pc then email to yourself (use the account linked to your iPhone)

THen open the email and Copy and paste into the signature into Settings/Mail/Signature and your all set.

Really? Huh. Well how 'bout that. you learn something new everyday.

Nov 3, 2014 6:50 PM in response to wmc111

Correct, just open your email on your PC or laptop and make your signature there. Easiest way is if someone in your company sent you an email with a signature you like with logos just copy n paste into your signature and edit name, contact info etc and save. Then just send yourself an email to the account tied to iPhone, open the msg and copy n paste into signature for iPhone. That's it

Jan 4, 2015 5:01 PM in response to imodztech

Obviously I'm missing something... I've tried what you suggested.. and when I copy the image (i've tried png, jpg and gif) and paste it in the signature it shows the image in the signatures settings... however when I send an email... the image doesn't go with the email.. when i open the email in Mac Mail its just blue question mark where the image should be

how can i add a picture/logo in my email signature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.