Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Recover earlier iCal Server Data after Failed 3.2.1

After a nightmare updating from 10.6.8 Server to 10.9 Server a couple off months back when we had a hardware failure. We ended up with endless Open Directory errors mostly caused by Apple's botched migration tool and hours spent at the terminal solving these.

We updated to 3.2.1 on Friday night prior to knowing about the Postgres fail it causes. The server ran normally with mail/filesharing/open directory etc. and we opened up the ports to it.

By Saturday morning I started getting text messages from users saying that their calendars were missing. As it was the weekend and little important commercial email had come in, I rolled back the system using the Server Restore Time Machine instructions Restoring OS X Server from a Time Machine backup to a few hours before the update and everything seemed fine. Mail and calendars were there and the mail data definitely corresponded to the time of backup.

Unfortunately on Monday morning I started to get reports from users that while the older calendar events were present, recent data from the last week or so appeared to be missing. I have restored repeatedly trying from many different backups (at 1.5 hrs per try) and the same issue arrises. A lot of these calendar events are crucial to our business.

One I'm super annoyed that Apple let this update out at all. What on earth is going on over there??! I'm seriously considering shifting to a more stable supplier/platform. Two I'm annoyed that I let it go live (But I don't see how I could have check all users individual calendar events) ... and three ... I need a way to test calendar data from lots of Time Machine backups without restoring the whole system each time. I've been up 30+ hours. Apple's instructions don't work. I think I can see where the Calendar Data is stored ( Macintosh HD/Library/Server/Calendar and Contacts).

Is there a way to just recover this data? by means of

Switching Off the Calendar service > Transfer Data > Switch On Calendar Service

I don't mind the terminal.... obviously I'm a Mac user so would prefer GUI say by using CCC.

Please HELP! Apple isn't!

I've been through all of the discussion posts in

Server 3.2.1 update fail

postgreSQL broken fatally with Server 3.2.1

Server 3.2.1 (10.9.5) – Postgres won't start

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 7:24 AM

There are no replies.

Need Recover earlier iCal Server Data after Failed 3.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.