Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble connecting my IPad with Logic via Logic Remote. Apparently I need to delete the file "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" but I can't find this file under "/Library/Preferences". What should I do?

I have a Macbook Pro version 10.9.5 with Logic Pro 10 installed v10.0.7 and an iPad mini with iOS 8.0.2. The problem seems to have happened around the time I installed the latest iOS update.

Logic Pro X, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 10:49 PM

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.

Press the Go button.

Important: use the path name exactly as typed here ~/Library/Preferences

With no spaces before or after any, include the ~

This will take you to the Users/YourName/Library/Preferences

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2014 10:49 PM in response to BennyandtheJets101

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.

Press the Go button.

Important: use the path name exactly as typed here ~/Library/Preferences

With no spaces before or after any, include the ~

This will take you to the Users/YourName/Library/Preferences

Oct 15, 2014 12:16 AM in response to Pancenter

Thanks Pancenter

I was able to find that file. I proceeded to follow the steps outlined on the apple website as follows:

Logic Pro X

1. Quit Logic Pro X if it's running.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences and click OK.
  4. In the window that opens, locate the "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" file and delete it.
  5. Restart your Mac.
  6. Open Logic Pro X.
  7. Open Logic Remote on your iPad.
  8. Tap Logic Pro X in the Connect window on your iPad.
  9. Confirm the connection in the Logic Remote connection dialog in Logic Pro X.

However after completing step 7 the Logic Remote is still unable to connect to Logic. It keeps searching for something to connect to but can't seem to find it.

Any other ideas?

Oct 15, 2014 10:13 AM in response to BennyandtheJets101

The connectivity of the Logic Remote app is its biggest problem. Even if you get it connected and everything runs fine, an hour later it won't work even if you haven't changed anything.

I can have two computers open, running Logic, GarageBand and MainStage and I can switch Logic Remote back and forth between computers and apps with no problems and then later that day I cannot connect to one app on one computer. Maybe the barometric pressure affected the WiFi signal, or someone in the neighborhood turned on their microwave - who knows.

It is a little bit frustrating (because unpredictable) and tons of similar posts prove that there is an issue.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Oct 15, 2014 10:49 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar,

I highly recommend, if you live in an area where there may be overlapping WiFi networks.. use recent OS X's hidden WiFi Diagnostics utility......

Hold down the Option key, click on the WiFi icon in the menu bar and click on Open WiFi Diagnostics... This works for (maybe 10.7... cant remember..) 10.8,10.9 and 10.10.

...and check for any nearby WiFis that may be on the same channel.... and if there are, change your WiFi channel to a different one so your signal remains clear of interference and more importantly uninterrupted... LR seems very susceptible to such brief 'breaks' or interruptions...

Personally because of where I live, there are no competing networks and I have no issues at all using LR with any of my 5 LP rigs here.. switching between them at will....

The only other item of interest that I have found when troubleshooting such issues.. is the use of non Apple Routers..... and a failure of automatic port forwarding for example...but this cause usually prevents connection altogether and not intermittent issues... Haven't come across anyone using an Airport Extreme for example.. from 2009 onwards, who has any issues connecting LR to LPX... but a number of older Netgear, TP-Link and D-Links ones seems to have this issue at times...

Cheers..

Nigel

Oct 15, 2014 11:47 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

The Art Of Sound wrote:

I highly recommend, if you live in an area where there may be overlapping WiFi networks.. use recent OS X's hidden WiFi Diagnostics utility......

Thanks Nigel for the advice.

As you can see on the screenshot, there is a lot of potential "overlapping" WiFi activity in my house giving the fact that across the street is a condominium building. I also have a second (both Apple) AirPort Express configured as "Extending Network" and my office is right between the two AirPorts, so it is always a luck which signal it will pick up.

User uploaded file

I'm still not sure if dealing with computer networks falls into the realm of rocket science or alchemy.

Oct 15, 2014 12:24 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Ack!

The forum bug has struck again so i cannot see your screenshot unfortunately.....

But based on what you said, I too.. have lived in the past, in a similar location where i was surrounded by many other WiFis and it was a nightmare at times for sure. Changing to a unique broadcast channel was the only thing that helped me there....

Cheers..

Nigel

I'm having trouble connecting my IPad with Logic via Logic Remote. Apparently I need to delete the file "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" but I can't find this file under "/Library/Preferences". What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.