Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can’t make phone call on my mac from yosemite from contacts

Anyone else not able to make a call from contacts on a mac pro running Yosemite. My iPhone 6 and Yosemite are both setup to make cellular calls and on the same wifi network and both signed in, basically everything that is on apples support site but all calls fail. It tried but fails every time and I’m not sure what else to do. There is no more info on how to make calls and everything tried just fails. I haven’t tried to call from safari or any other source.

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2017 7:45 AM

Ok, I tried all of the crazy things things suggested (FaceTime settings, iCloud id verification, wifi network verification, etc, restart devices, etc). I even went to Apple support chat, followed by Apple Support phone call. Nothing worked until the Apple support rep suggested I try a different Wi-Fi network (I have multiple available). When I switched networks the calling feature worked. When I switched back it failed again. The rep suggested I reset that router, which I did, and after doing so the calling feature was working again

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS try the BASIC stuff FIRST, before you bother diving into anything else. Reset Router is the first thing you should try.

105 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2017 7:45 AM in response to Paradoxxx

Ok, I tried all of the crazy things things suggested (FaceTime settings, iCloud id verification, wifi network verification, etc, restart devices, etc). I even went to Apple support chat, followed by Apple Support phone call. Nothing worked until the Apple support rep suggested I try a different Wi-Fi network (I have multiple available). When I switched networks the calling feature worked. When I switched back it failed again. The rep suggested I reset that router, which I did, and after doing so the calling feature was working again

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS try the BASIC stuff FIRST, before you bother diving into anything else. Reset Router is the first thing you should try.

can’t make phone call on my mac from yosemite from contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.