Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X is not working with Yosemite!

I just updated my Macbook Pro to Yosemite and now FCPX has stopped working. The version can't be used with this version of Mac OS X, however there are no updated for Final Cut Pro.

How can I fix this?

I hesitate to even update my iMac to Yosemite in fear that other applications will fail to work after.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 7:04 PM

56 replies

Apr 29, 2017 9:29 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I am having the same issue. In my case, I have an very old copy of FCP (version 3.0) that I bought at the Apple Store in Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh, NC.

I do not see it under Purchased or Updates when I log into the apple store. To my knowledge this is the same apple id I had when I purchased the software. Could the fact that I bought it on physical DVDs and not from the online store be why it doesn't show up?

How can I update my now ancient copy of FCP so that it will run under Yosemite?

Thanks,

Greg.

Apr 29, 2017 11:48 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm pretty sure it's legacy. The box says Final Cut Pro 7 and the disc says Installer version 3.0.

It is a box with physical DVDs that I bought at the Apple Store (not App Store) in Raleigh.

The iMac is ejecting my installer DVD after churning for several seconds and there are no scratches on the disc. Other discs in the box can be opened (e.g. motion content, audio content, etc)?

Is there no way to upgrade from this version to FCPX?

Final Cut Pro X is not working with Yosemite!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.