Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Server App Removed From "Purchased" List

Has anyone else's Server app been removed from their Mac App Store purchase history? I'm not sure if this occurred today, but i noticed it in the midst of all the new releases.

I'm noticing that not only OS X Server 3.x.x is missing, but my old OS X Server 2.x.x as well. OS X Lion Server however is still there.

I have verified that they are NOT in the hidden app list. I have reached out to AppleCare (phone) about this issue, he has assured me that on their end they both showing up so he attempted to "Regrant" my purchase history, but it did not resolve. Awaiting a call back from him.

Thanks

-Tyler

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 7:48 PM

21 replies

Oct 17, 2014 5:24 PM in response to Jimmy CC Wu

The upgrade policy is this:

Point updates are free and work on the OS version they were originally designed for: i.e. Bug fix releases and feature updates for Server 3 will only work and run on Mavericks Servers. So if your Mac OS X is upgraded to Yosemite, you need to purchase Server 4. If you are still running Mavericks, you can update to Server 3.2.2 to add compatibility for Yosemite Clients.

We're just waiting to find out why users can no longer re-download Server 3 while they are on Mavericks units.

Oct 17, 2014 7:28 PM in response to thamilton91

I had the same problem too. Server 3.2.2 is not compatible withOS X Yosemite and they want you to pay $19.99 again. I just purchased the server join August! I think is deceptive if you know that an app is going to be obsolete and you allow people to purchase it when it is almost the EOL for the app without letting the customer know. I would have waited an month before throwing away $19.99!!!

OS X Server App Removed From "Purchased" List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.