Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.0.1 unable to update

Just updated to Yosemite. but iTunes was unable to install iTunes 12.0.1

The App store updates kept telling me 1 update available. I have already downloaded 4 times, as you can see from the install history.

What's going on? Anyone got the same problem?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 12:34 AM

53 replies

Oct 17, 2014 1:12 AM in response to Peter Cui

I've got the same problem, after updating to Yosemite I tried to update iTunes to 12.0.1, did it several times but still got iTunes 12.0.0.140... The App Store icon shows 1 update to be installed but every times I try it stops downloading and moves under "Updates installed in the last 30 days" tab... See the image below

User uploaded file

See below the image of my iTunes version after all the updates

User uploaded file

Oct 17, 2014 8:35 AM in response to Peter Cui

I'm having the same problem. In App Store I click the Update button next to iTunes 12.0.1 and it starts downloading. When it gets to just over 55Mb is goes back to the Update button. If I click it again, it says Installed but it isn't. Restart App Store and the Update button shows again.

I went to the iTunes download page as MrGordonian suggested, downloaded and installed it and it works fine.

Thanks MrGordonian.

iTunes 12.0.1 unable to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.