Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not open iPhoto after installing Yosemite.

Could not open iPhoto from dock or launch pad after installing Yosemite. Went into the iPhoto application in applications and clicked on MAC OS and then clicked on iPhoto. iPhoto then opened but when I closed the exec window iPhoto closed.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), App already installed

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 6:36 AM

18 replies

Oct 17, 2014 7:02 AM in response to steve 2250

Could not open iPhoto from dock or launch pad after installing Yosemite. Went into the iPhoto application in applications and clicked on MAC OS and then clicked on iPhoto.

Did you ever try to click the iPhoto application icon in Applications? The Dock icon and Launchpad may be linked to older versions.

What happens, when you try to launch iPhoto directly by clicking the icon?

Or launching it with the options key held down to create a new, empty library for testing?

Mar 4, 2015 12:58 PM in response to will1028

also when i try and open my old iPhoto (the only one I have) it brings this up, User uploaded filethen after i click on the search app store it brings up the new iPhoto 9.6 and it won't allow me to click the install button, (it flashes immediately "installing" then goes back to "Install" like this,

User uploaded file but again it won't allow me to click on it..

before when I tried it I clicked "get" and "Install" but it paused itself some how and now I can't get it to un-pause..

Could not open iPhoto after installing Yosemite.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.