Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail merge Apple script?

What does "Apple Script for mail merge" mean? Pages Help is (now here's a surprise) no help. How do I do mail merge? Pages 5.5 and Yosemite. thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 9:09 AM

20 replies

Oct 17, 2014 9:30 AM in response to Dr. Dave

Pages 5.5 in Yosemite: Mail Merge question. In the what's new list, 5.5 claims support for Applescript Mail Merge. I thought for one moment that that the simple drag and drop functionality of Pages 09 had been restored, alas not the case. On a daily basis I use a template involving the physical addresses from my contacts .. . . which I must cut & paste on to the Pages document. Can somebody explain how I can do this? It used to be so simple, I am prepared to invest a little time in trying to figure out an applescript solution. . . . but where to start? hoping someone can point me in the right direction. many thanks

Dec 13, 2014 3:41 PM in response to Grommit

I don't know what has happened to Apple,but the client, is no longer listened too. .

I have the same problem, and I have exasperated every thing I can think of to get help. The keep saying just go back to Pages 9. The new pages was like one of the old original word processors. The talk about seamless, but it doesn't even know contact file exist. And the same company produced both.

Mail merge Apple script?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.