Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new x yosemite doesn't support airport utilities ... time capsule doesn't work.. very frustrated ... need help please

MacBook Pro 10.6.2, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 12:41 PM

new x yosemite doesn't support airport utilities.....

AirPort Utility is already built into Yosemite. What version of AirPort Utility are you asking about here?

time capsule doesn't work.....

You mean to say that the Time Capsule won't power up?

If not, then what exactly doesn't work? We will need to rely on your description for details, since our crystal ball is broken and we cannot see your network.

132 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2014 12:41 PM in response to kookkai

new x yosemite doesn't support airport utilities.....

AirPort Utility is already built into Yosemite. What version of AirPort Utility are you asking about here?

time capsule doesn't work.....

You mean to say that the Time Capsule won't power up?

If not, then what exactly doesn't work? We will need to rely on your description for details, since our crystal ball is broken and we cannot see your network.

Oct 17, 2014 5:45 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

After update my Mac OS to Yosemite version, the Airport Utility, the Finder and Time Machine can't show my Time Capsule (including the disk data).

The WiFi networking is working fine and my iPhone and my iPad can find the Time Capsule by their Airport Utility app.

Seems the Airport Utility version in Yosemite is not talking with Time Capsule or some network protocol is not ok.

I have tried to reset the Time Capsule, including to reset to Factory Default, but, still doesn't work.

I saw some blogs reporting the same issue since Yosemite beta version.

Some one facing the same issue or even find a solution?

Oct 17, 2014 6:39 PM in response to thiagore

I am trying to create, simulate or duplicate the same error that you are reporting. If I can do this, then I can find a way to fix it.

But, so far I cannot create, simulate or duplicate the error, so I won't be able to help much until and if I can do this.

Hopefully, another user who has seen the error and fixed it will post soon.

Oct 17, 2014 6:53 PM in response to thiagore

If you have not already done so, power down the entire network....all devices.....in any order that you want

Wait a few minutes

Start the modem first, and let it run a few minutes by itself

Start the next device connected to the modem and let it run a minute

Keep starting devices one at a time about a minute apart until the entire network is powered back up

Check the network

new x yosemite doesn't support airport utilities ... time capsule doesn't work.. very frustrated ... need help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.