Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is iCloud drive not showing all my folders?

Greetings and Salutations,

Upgraded everything to ios8 on the iPad, and to Yosemite on the iMac and Macbook Pro. I bought 200gb of iCloud Drive storage and then moved what was on an external drive to the iCloud drive on my iMac. No problem. Then I go to the Macbook Pro, open the iCloud Drive and what do you know? Only about half of the folders and documents are showing up! Same thing on the is iPhone 6 and the iPad 2 with iOS 8.

Anyone else having this issue with iCloud Drive not syncing correctly? Appreciate the help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 1:18 PM

112 replies

Oct 18, 2014 5:53 AM in response to hwminc

I have a theory:

I think that OS X might be automatically hiding folders that don't have any contents.

To illustrate, I have Scanner By Readdle installed on my iPad that automatically creates its own folder and pushes scans to my iCloud Drive. When I had no scans the folder didn't show up in the OS X window (but did on my iPad). I then did a test scan so it could be sent to the Cloud. Low and behold the folder is now visible in Yosemite (whilst the Quicktime, Automator, etc folders are still invisible.)

Anyway, just a theory.

TT.

Oct 18, 2014 6:30 AM in response to bitterlemmer

Without stating the bleeding obvious, I think there are multiple issues going on here.

From experience, signing out, re-booting, and signing back in on iCloud can sometimes fix these kind of issues on iOS and Mac. (My iCloud Drive folders didn't show up on my iPad at first when I tried to access them through Numbers, and this routine fixed the issue.)

But i'm guessing you've tried that already?

Oct 18, 2014 6:33 AM in response to hwminc

iCloud Drive definitely not working as it should right out of the gate. I used an external drive to move some stuff into iCloud Drive on my Yosemited iMac, which was fine, but then checked it on the iCloud.com website (and clicking 'iCloud Drive') and it apparently has the same issue where not all of the transferred files and folders are showing up. So 'some' of the files and folders are showing up, but not all of them. Then I went back and deleted a folder from the Drive on the iMac to see if it would disappear from the iPad iCloud Drive folder...no luck...the folder on iOS is still there...I found a support document (which of course I can't find now) that talks about resetting 'Documents and Data' on the iOS devices, but guess what? THERE'S NO 'DOCUMENTS AND DATA' switch anywhere that I can find in iOS 8. I may try deleting everything from the iCloud Drive and then repopulating with a single document and a single folder to see if it is a gigabyte issue, since originally I'd dumped about 50gbs of documents onto iCloud. Somehow I thought my Mac wouldn't suddenly start acting like a PC, even though it kinda looks like one now with the 'design' changes...good grief...

Oct 18, 2014 7:01 AM in response to hwminc

Again, my issues were limited to the iPad.

In Settings/iCloud I signed out of my iCloud account. It asks you a couple of times about what data you want kept on your iPad. I chose to delete everything to give a clean slate. (You might want to opt to keep stuff depending on your situation.) It will also remove your device from Find My Phone if you use it.

I then turned off the iPad, waited 10 secs, and re-booted it. I then went back into Settings/iCloud and signed into my iCloud account. It then verified my account (it took a while to do this), and I went into Numbers to check that it had access to my iCloud Drive. It may have been that Apple's servers were really busy last night but it did take a while for all my documents to be available in Numbers, Pages, etc. It wasn't instantaneous but the apps were telling me that things were being updated so I left it to it. All fine now.

You could also do the same steps in OS X System Preferences/iCloud.

Neil

why is iCloud drive not showing all my folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.