Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best iPhone data recovery software?

I've found several different data recovery applications (all from china) and would like to know which is the best?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 10:36 AM

1) Wondershare.com (Dr.Fone for Mac)

2) EaseUS (MobiSaver)

3) FoneLab (Mac FoneLab for iOS)

4) iStonsoft (iPhone Data Recovery for Mac)

5) iSkysoft (iPhone Data Recovery for Mac)

There are others

24 replies

Jan 30, 2017 10:49 AM in response to goodoldbob

Thanks for actually providing information. Hind sight is 20/20 and I don't think anyone asking this question or needing this information needs to be reprimanded for not using iCloud. It is often the mistake of a kid creating the issue - as in my case also - and we just want answers, not being told again what was done wrong.

Jan 30, 2017 11:31 AM in response to Angi D

Angi D wrote:

Thanks for actually providing information. Hind sight is 20/20 and I don't think anyone asking this question or needing this information needs to be reprimanded for not using iCloud.

You don't have to use iCloud if you don't want to. However, if you chose not to back up your data, you will, eventually lose some of it. This is true whether we're talking about an iPhone or a computer. This is a lesson that children should be taught as soon as they're able to have their own devices. iCloud is one of the simplest ways of doing this but you can chose whatever method best suits your needs.

Jan 30, 2017 11:34 AM in response to Angi D

Angi D wrote:

Thanks for actually providing information. Hind sight is 20/20 and I don't think anyone asking this question or needing this information needs to be reprimanded for not using iCloud. It is often the mistake of a kid creating the issue - as in my case also - and we just want answers, not being told again what was done wrong.

Of course, the information is 2 years old and is wrong, but, what the hey.

Jan 30, 2017 11:47 AM in response to Angi D

There is no way to recover data that has been erased from an iPhone. I'm actually assuming you have a fairly recent model, 5C or later. If you have a 4S there are data recovery services that may be able to help. They typically charge about $1,000, and don't guarantee success. If you provide some additional information, such as the model of the phone, the version of iOS, what data you are trying to recover, and how you lost it there may be some hope.

Jun 6, 2017 8:51 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

They don't work, actually, and I would never trust any business whose marketing model is spamming forums. Do you get paid for spamming like this? Curious minds want to know.

UPDATE: This post is in response to a spam post, since removed by the hosts.

One (or both) of the companies mentioned did the same thing a couple of years ago. Lots of "users" posting about how great the software was. No links but still, very spammy.

What is the best iPhone data recovery software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.