Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12 album art no longer able to paste it in

Apple please return to copy and paste album art in iTunes. This searching for a file to import in is really annoying.

Windows 7, x64

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 5:20 PM

Use Get Info, select the artwork tab. You can use the Add button to browse for artwork to insert, or drag and drop, or copy & paste with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. To delete artwork select it and press backspace.

tt2

33 replies

Oct 17, 2014 8:17 PM in response to nod-81

This seems to one of several retrograde changes with respect to artwork. The right-click options to copy or paste artwork are no longer there, and as far as I can tell there is no way to remove artwork either at the album level or at the individual track level. In addition (and in spite of an obvious and substantial reworking of the UI) Get Info > Artwork tab on an album still doesn't show the artwork that's associated with the album (as displayed in the various albums views).

Oct 17, 2014 10:22 PM in response to hhgttg27

All very annoying - You can use 'drag and drop' to ADD ARTWORK or Copy it to your Desktop, and BTW the only way to remove ARTWORK is to use the 'Back-Space' key....... Can't understand why they did not activate this function with the 'Delete Key'.

Also the "GET INFO" functionality is useless - I have always used the "GROUP" field for Movie Certificates....... That's now disappeared....... Also there is now only One "SORTING" option, meaning that you have to move between the GET INFO function and the MAIN LIST to change those details.

There's no SORT ALBUM function under Movies, but now there's a Director Field - WHY??? (Which isn't even an option to select that in the Field List !

And final gripe....... iTunes has always been BLUE, Why the Nasty AGRESSIVE RED ICON ???

Apple has always said that one of their primary goals was to keep things simple. Whoever signed off on this update clearly needs the boot ! - C'mon Apple you can do better !!!

Oct 18, 2014 1:45 AM in response to Hans302

Macs don't have a delete key. Feedback might fix that one.

Some missing fields can be enabled via the Add Field button. Others can be viewed and edited in the list views, but it isn't as convenient. I like the way that art is displayed at the top, and that you can resize the window. Some of the other changes not so much.

The implication is that Movies should sort on Sort Name and that Album & Sort Album are now ignored, yet they still work in the column browser? Director corresponds to Artist in the list view. I've previously used Composer for the same thing and used Artist for the lead actors.

The iTunes icon has also been purple and green in my time. Used to sport an image of a CD if you can remember those. 😝 It is a little garish!

tt2

Nov 23, 2014 5:08 AM in response to turingtest2

This does not work. It seems that since the 'upgrade' the only way to get album atrwork is if the album exists in the iStore. I have several jazz albums that are not in the store and I can no longer get the album covers from sources such as Wikipedia or Discogs.

Also I cannot add artwork to disc sets - Disc 1 of a set is OK but there is no artwork for Discs 2 & 3.

I have tried the fixes suggested in this thread and none of them work.

Nov 23, 2014 5:29 AM in response to ElfynH

Works fine here.

The new iTunes 12 Get Info dialog lacks right-click context menus (at least for now) but it still accepts most standard keyboard shortcuts and drag & drop actions.

Delete Artwork

On the artwork tab of Get Into, tap the image in question, use Backspace or Ctrl+X. Delete doesn't work.

Or, tap the image at the top left of Get Info, this time use Backspace or Delete, it is Ctrl+X that doesn't work.

Add Artwork

Select artwork, press Ctrl+C to copy, tap the centre of the Artwork tab, press Ctrl+V to paste.

Or, select artwork, press Ctrl+C to copy, tap the small image area at the top left, press Ctrl+V to paste.

Or, you can drag & drop to, or sometimes from, the same locations.

You can also copy artwork from the Get Info dialog to Windows Explorer with the keyboard shortcuts.

If the source image is on a web page right-click and use Copy Image rather than copy. (With Chrome I get a one pixel wraparound so tend to go for a temporary local file copy anyway - not sure whose bug this is, but it isn't new.)

If you have multiple images embedded drag the one you want to be the primary artwork to the leftmost position.

Replace/Remove All Artwork

The top left image box can be used to add or delete art from multiple tracks. In either case all existing artwork in all tracks is replaced/removed.

Old Style Get Info Dialog

Select some items, right-click, hold down shift, then click Get Info from the context menu. (Use alt/option on a Mac)

tt2

Itunes 12 album art no longer able to paste it in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.