Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite broke Dymo Label Printer

What did they change about printing that would make the OS not work with a label printer? It's printing small areas of text. It's the most basic thing a person could do on a computer and they screwed it up.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 7:35 PM

Downgrade your software. Old version works until new version comes out.

direct link to DLS8Setup.8.3.1.1533.dmg.

Jeff Lauterette

Mid Atlantic Consulting, Inc.

www.midatlanticconsulting.com

17 replies

Jan 13, 2015 2:44 PM in response to mepossem2014

Works fine!

Download the latest Dymo software (v8.5.2) from http://www.dymo.com/en-US/dymo-user-guides

On this page - there is an area at the top of the page "

The Latest Software & Drivers for all LabelWritersÂŽ and LabelManagersÂŽ

Click the button to Download for Mac DLS v8.5.2

Install it and it worked perfectly the first time!!!

I am running the latest version of OSX Yosemite and upgraded to it from an very old version of OSX.

Hope that helps!

Apr 27, 2015 2:38 PM in response to Kenneth0923

🙂 Thanks for the link, my little LabelManager PnP is now printing much better than ever !

I had downloaded the "same" v.8.5.2 software from another place (dymo.com/frFR : I'm a French user)… it didn't work… relating the same issues that several people discribed here.

I finally installed this one v.8.5.2.95 and it works great !

Apr 27, 2015 6:31 PM in response to Kenneth0923

Updating the driver didn't work for me.

I contacted Dymo support and they gave me the steps that did work, and my 450 Twin Turbo is now up and running on Yosemite 10.10.3:

Please be advised that before an upgrade of the DYMO Label Software of any sort it is important to uninstall the previous version of the software (before doing that it is advisable to save any address books or saved labels on a USB or an external hard drive). The device has to be unplugged from the PC during the installation of the new software and should only be plugged back after the installation prompts you to do so (in case of Yosemite it is best to do an additional reboot before plugging it).

I would normally recommend making a reinstallation of the software however we need to make sure that the device is functioning correctly.

This is why I would ask you to follow the steps below:

-Unplug the device from the PC and the mains for at least 1 minute;

- After you plug it back press swiftly the front feed button to check for transport – a single blank label should advance;

- Try to make a Self-print test by doing the following:

• Press the front-feed button for at least 20 seconds - once the labels start printing and you have at least 3 fully printed labels

• Press the front-feed button swiftly once more to stop the printing

If all works fine you should have lines that gradually intensify in colour on the labels, later there will be triangles and other patterns.

-Then you can try to print out a label once again.

If that does not work, but the print test and the one label check had gone as they should please proceed with the following:

Download the .zip file located here: http://dymo.li/lwttupdate and then follow the instructions given below:

1. Quit the Dymo Label Software application

2. Download .zip file from link above to your Mac computer.

3. Open .zip file and launch the “TwinTurboUpdater” application.

4. Connect the LabelWriter Twin Turbo via USB to the Mac.

5. The “Update” button should now be activated.

6. Press “Update” button.

7. A confirmation of Update should be displayed on the screen.

8. Turn off the printer for 10 seconds by removing power and USB cable.

9. Plug the printer back in with first power and then USB cable. Do note that it is possible that a “new” printer gets added to the system since the serial number was “fixed”.

10. Open up Dymo Label Software and make a test print from the “new” printer

If the above does not help resolve the issue please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues and ask for their assistance.

I hope the provided information proves useful.

Have a wonderful day.

Warm Regards,

Teodora

But honestly, every time there is a new OSX version hoops have to be jumped through to make this little gizmo work. I am thinking of giving up Endicia Mac and just putting it on my win 8.1 machine... 😮

Nov 16, 2015 5:33 AM in response to billydev

Hello Billydev!

At this time the only format that we support for importing into our software and then be printed is Excel spreadsheets.

The feedback about having several formats available such as Mac Numbers spreadsheets or similar will be forwarded to our developers and it is possible that those formats among more will be added in the future however that I can not promise.

I hope this information is helpful for you and for your continued printing.

With best regards,

Jesper K

DYMOSupport

Yosemite broke Dymo Label Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.