Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification center Yosemite

Hello:

When I change the form of notice of any application or get out of the notification center and restart the iMac, is re-grinding and unconfigure all I have to do it again manually. That is, doesn't retain the changes I've made and I think it is a bug in Yosemite. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:40 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2014 9:47 PM in response to Panchovilla99

Here are the instructions I got from AppleCare from an Apple Engineer. I'm not sure if the fix was specifically for my machine or if it'll work for someone else. Follow at your own risk.

1. Open the Library folder in your Home folder.

2. In the Library folder, open the Application Support folder.

3. Locate the folder named NotificationCenter. Drag this folder to the desktop.

4. Next, open the Terminal application.

Copy and paste each line of these commands into the Terminal window, in order. Press return after each line:

cd `getconf DARWIN_USER_DIR`

rm -rf com.apple.notificationcenter

killall usernoted; killall NotificationCenter

5. Close the Terminal app.

6. Restart your computer.

The notification preference changes won't stick until you restart a 2nd time after this.

Oct 23, 2014 10:40 AM in response to Panchovilla99

It's the solution I got from AppleCare specifically for my machine (after a data capture) when the issue was escalated to an engineer.

I assume it wouldn't work for everyone. It's too bad that it didn't work for you, though it seems to be working for many in other threads. It seems to be a bug in Yosemite that only affects old user accounts, not new ones.

Hopefully it'll get fixed for everyone in the next update.

notification center Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.