Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying slowness of Preview after Yosemite upgrade

Hi,

After upgrading Yosemite there is terrible slowness when scrolling thru 100+ page pdf files on Preview. Before upgrade there was only smooth scrolling.

Anyone with similar annoying performance drops? It just stops after 1-2 pages for 1-2 sec.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 7:18 AM

112 replies

Oct 21, 2014 12:29 AM in response to Marcelo NS

I am writing to apple now, however I wanted to put my "one up" here as well. I have a MBP mid-2010 (core 2 duo 2.4GHz upgraded to 16Gb DDR3 and SSD) with Yosemite the visualization and scrolling of PDFs in preview is way slower and unstable.

I have noticed the same with Skim, another PDF viewer that I used to use when Preview had very limited annotation features. Same issues, it's slow and unresponsive. Adobe Reader is slightly faster than Preview now, which in really unheard of in my experience ... might this be a bug with Quartz?

Cheers,

Roberto

Oct 21, 2014 7:10 PM in response to deepey

As this is a user support community - Apple does not review a incident unless someone who is working with a tech tells them about it.

So all you are having problems with any part of Yosemite upgrade should sent feedback to Apple that there are problems.

Problems that you are having may probably did not occur with Apples testing because test systems tend to have less stuff - Beta testers also may not have seen the problem -same reason == real test of a system is with the initial adopters after the system is available to everyone.

So keep sending feedback or calling support for technical issues.

Annoying slowness of Preview after Yosemite upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.