Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: AirDrop Problems in iOS 8.1

I just installed iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5s. When I try to turn on AirDrop for Contacts Only using the Control Center it either does not try to turn on or just asks for my iCloud password and then does nothing (i.e. stays turned off). If I select AirDrop for Everyone it sometimes turns on and sometimes does not.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on

Oct 20, 2014 1:23 PM in response to MikeMcCollister In response to MikeMcCollister

Same problem here to.

MacBook Pro mid 2012 with Yosemite installed and Iphone 6 plus with iOS 8.1.

No Airdrop possible in both ways.

All settings have been checked: Same Wifi, Bluetooth on, Airdrop set to Everyone.

Saw al lot of posts with the same problem, Airdrop feature does not work reliable or not at all.

Suggestions anyone...

Sven

Oct 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 20, 2014 2:51 PM in response to sven9140 In response to sven9140

Hello,

Same issue for me. My mac see my phone and I can send file from my computer to my iphone but no way to do that in the other way. My iPhone can't see my MBP. I check my icloud login, my wi-fi settings and my bluetooth settings.

Thanks for your help,

Oct 20, 2014 2:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 21, 2014 1:23 AM in response to MikeMcCollister In response to MikeMcCollister

Same problem here.

Is very annoying, in the last releases every release brings bugs on the main feature. Enough is enough.

My iPhone can't see my MacBook retina. Viceversa is OK.

I Checked iCloud login, Wi-Fi and everything is required by AirDrop.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Oct 21, 2014 1:23 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Oct 21, 2014 5:50 AM in response to MikeMcCollister In response to MikeMcCollister

Just some clarification. I don't have a MacBook or an iMac. I just can't even get AirDrop to turn on with Contacts Only.

AirDrop has never really worked well for me. When it did work with iOS 7.x it would take 10s of seconds for my iPhone to see another iPhone. Now it is worse.

Mike

Oct 21, 2014 5:50 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: MikeMcCollister

Question: AirDrop Problems in iOS 8.1