Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could Not Set Up Apple Pay

Can't seem to setup apple pay. Have tried both in settings and passbook. I get the same error.

"Could Not Set Up Apple Pay

An error occurred while setting up Apple Pay"

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I have re started the phone twice, nothing. Same error. Can't get pass the "Add Credit or Debit Card" link.

Thanks!User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 12:22 PM

23 replies

Oct 24, 2014 6:35 AM in response to burrowbk

I also could not set up Apple Pay. I've been trying for 3 days but no luck. I signed out and in icloud, turned off or on wifi, and restarted the phone many, many time, but none of the suggested methods work. I wonder if Apple is going to provide another update to fix this annoying problem. The feature is supposed to make our lives easier, not harder.

Oct 25, 2014 7:01 PM in response to Imalanaj

I have two different email addresses for my iCloud and iTunes accounts, and the email I used for my iCloud was never set up for iTunes. After I signed out my iTunes account and signed in using the same email as my iCloud account, I was finally able to set up Apple Pay. I can see this can be a common problem for many people like me, Apple needs to provide an update to fix this bug.

Could Not Set Up Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.